Chapter 13

Time has passed and everyone started to trust one another. If anyone was going to do anything, it would've happened already. They started to become one big happy family. They were safe in their bunker and had plenty of supplies. Though it was still a shitty situation dealing with this apocalypse and how things haven't gone back to normal, but they dealt with it. We're they at peace with the situation? No, but they got by, also having each other was nice.

They were all laughing enjoying each others company eating a meal that Emma prepared when the radio Ryan had started making static and noise. Everyone looked confused and he picked up his radio. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked. He waited for a response but it was just static. He sighed and put it back down on the table. "Sometimes static comes in randomly."

But not long after he said that a voice was heard on to radio. "Hello? Someone there?" The voice asked. Ryan quickly grabbed the radio once more.

"Hello?? Yes! I'm here."

"My name is Noah Davis, I'm a scientist over at Havenwood! I've been trying to get in contact with people to see if there's any survivors!"

"Oh my gosh a scientist!" Elena was excited to know there was other people out there, and a scientist is a good person to find.

"How many of you are there?" Noah asked.

"There's 10 of us; all healthy."

"Oh my gosh that's amazing! I've been trying to find a cure to all the bad shit that's been happening, if you guys would be able to come here maybe we can solve this together."

Ryan looked at everyone trying to see what their thoughts were. "What do you guys think?" He asked.

"I don't know, that's such a far ways away, and how do we know he's really a scientist, he could just kill us." Liam informed.

"Yeah how can we trust him?" Jack added.

"Well I know I'm a positive person here but are we really not gonna try? It's another person and a scientist, maybe this is a step towards the end of all of this shit." Elena informed.

"Yeah I agree." Maya added.

"Yeah I think we should do it." Ryan picked up the radio. "Everyone okay with this?" He asked once more and everyone agreed.

"Yes we'll be there!" Ryan spoke on the radio.

"Perfect! It's a big white lab in havenwood, can't miss it, be safe getting here."

Ryan took a deep breath. "Come on let's get ready for this trip." They all stood up and started packing essentials they needed and made sure they had all their weapons. Once everyone had everything they got into the two vehicles they had since it wouldn't fit 10 people and headed off on their journey.

The first few hours were pretty easy. They were getting use to driving this far distance, but of course it was sad. Seeing all the buildings destroyed and of course dead bodies. They saw some zombies too on their drive, but luckily they were in a vehicle, so the zombies couldn't keep up.

Eventually they got to a point where they couldn't drive anymore. There were too many abandoned cars in their way. Liam sighed and parked the car, and everyone got out of their vehicles.

"Looks like we're gonna have to walk." Ryan informed and looked at the map. "It will probably take us two hours on foot so we better start moving, be alert."

They all walked for that time period, it was exhausting and stressful, but eventually they got to that lab that Noah told them about. Liam knocked on the door and soon the door was open, and they were greeted with four scientists.

"Welcome! So glad to see you all made it here okay and you're healthy! Here, have a seat, I'll get you guys some food and water." Noah handed them all water bottles and some snacks.

"So you survived this so far, looks like only the strong make it." Noah took a seat with them.

"Yeah I guess so." They all agreed.

"So I was looking at my research and I figured out the hopeful cure to this, it took awhile." He walked over to his computer to show them all his research. "So there's this flower over by Ravensville, it's supposed to make everyone that's a zombie go back to normal."

"A flower? Seriously? That's the cure to this hell?" Jack scoffed.

"Crazy I know, a lot of the sickness that everyone got turned them, but the flower has this powder like substance that cures the sickness."

"So what, we're supposed to get the flower and than it will all be over?"

"That's what I hope."

"Why haven't you just went to get it?"

"That's the problem, that area is infested with zombies, very dangerous, I'll be honest I haven't had the courage to go, but I thought if I found anyone that survived, maybe they would be more brave than I am."

"I don't know guys.. This is risky.. We could make it there and just all die.." Liam informed them.

"Yeah.. but.. We can save so many people.. Save ourselves.." Elena informed.

"I think we should do it, fuck it." Jack added.

"Agreed." Ryan spoke.

Liam sighed. "Fine, yeah we'll do it."

"Perfect! I'll get you guys the map." Noah grabbed the map and started circling things. "Okay this is where it's located, it looks like this." He showed a picture. "And these are the areas that are very infested, look out for those." Noah handed the map to Ryan. "Good luck."

They all made their way out and started making their way towards that area. "I can't believe we're doing this.." Liam spoke quietly.

Elena grabbed his hand and gave him a smile. "Don't worry; we're going to do this, we're going to save this horrible world."

"I really hope you're right.." Liam squeezed her hand and pulled her into a kiss.