Chapter 7

Liam quickly ran over to Elena and helped her stand up. "Are you okay??" He cupped her cheeks with his hands and examined her body making sure she wasn't injured.

"I'm fine, I'm fine.. Just a little spooked.. What the hell was that??"

"No idea but we saw something similar to that." Jack informed her as he helped Maya and Sophia stand up.

"You saw an animal too?" Maya asked.

"Not an animal, a person, but it wasn't a person." Alex informed.

"I don't understand.." Elena looked confused.

"It use to be a person, but they looked sickly.. I'd never thought I'd say this.. But it was zombies.." Liam informed the girls.

"Zombies?? This has to be some kind of joke." Sophia added.

"I wish it was, but there's no other explanation."

"Are we going to stand here talking about zombies or are we gonna go back to our place??" Jack spoke sternly.

"Good plan, but before we do that, we gotta board up the place and get weapons and figure out our next moves. Come on let's drop the stuff we got at the place and go shopping." They all started to walk back.

"I use to like shopping.. Not this kind of shopping.." Maya sighed.

They got back to the house and dropped off the windows and door they bought and headed back to the store to get items to board up the place for safety. Liam had his gun ready and everyone stuck together. Once they got those supplies, they headed to the next store to get weapons.

"Okay they key is to find something you're comfortable with and you'll be confident using, if you're not comfortable with a gun you won't be confident to shoot." Liam informed.

They all looked around the store trying to find their weapon of choice. Liam already had his gun so he got a lot of bullets for it and put it in his pockets. Jack looked at all the guns and found a big machine gun. "Now we're talking." He held it in his hands and practiced aiming it. He then grabbed bullets for it.

Elena looked at all the guns, but she didn't like any of them. She found a small pink gun that she would use for when she really needed it. But really she felt more comfortable with this bow and arrow. She felt cool and tough. She practiced aiming it, and she then threw it onto her shoulder and put the gun in her pocket along with bullets. Elena made sure the gun was loaded with the help of Liam.

Alex grabbed a machete, he lost his leg during all of this and even though a monster didn't do it, he still wanted to do some damage to them anyway and get his anger out.

Sophia looked at the guns and grabbed a medium size gun, wasn't as big as Jack and Liam's, but it wasn't a small gun like Elena grabbed. She smirked and practiced holding it.

"You sure you're comfortable with that?" Jack asked and she pointed the gun at him and cocked it.

"Ask that again."

"Okay okay relax" he put his hands up and laughed. "So uptight."

Sophia rolled her eyes and put the bullets in her bra. Maya looked at all the weapons, and she wasn't comfortable with this at all.

"Do I really need to pick something?" She asked.

"Oh no not at all, just ask these fuckers to not hurt you, I'm sure that will work." Jack informed.

Alex hit him in the back of the head. "Ow what the fuck!"

"Stop being such a dick."

"Well it's true, none of you will say it though."

Maya sighed and looked at all the weapons. Elena walked over to her and looked at all the weapons. "Here how about a knife like this." She grabbed it and handed it to her. "Not to big but will protect you if you need it."

Maya looked at the knife in her hand and sighed. "Yeah.. Yeah this works.."

"Don't worry, we're all in this together, so we're all going to keep each other safe, I promise." Elena smiled and Maya gave her a smile back.

"Come on, let's get back home; we still got a lot of work to do." Liam informed them and they all headed back to the car and arrived back home. All the men brought all the supplies inside and the girls started a fire to keep them warm for the night.

"Okay we need to set roles." Liam grabbed a white board and placed it on top of the shelf that's on top of the fire place and started writing everyone's names down.

"Please tell me you didn't buy a whiteboard." Jack commented and everyone laughed.

"This is important! Everyone had roles in the army, it kept everything organized."

Jack rolled his eyes and cut up a piece of wood and started nailing it to the window.

"Okay so we need people to make sure that all weapons are working properly and are accounted for and of course security. Someone has to be on the lookout for anything suspicious." Liam informed them.

"That should be you, since you know about guns and stuff, we can also take shifts on who's on the lookout." Elena suggested.

"Good idea." Liam wrote that down. "I can also help navigate if we're traveling." He informed them. "Elena you can also be the nurse if god forbid anyone gets hurt."

"Yeah god forbid." Alex mumbled as he put up another piece of wood.

"I can also help with that, I have some training in the medical field." Maya interrupted to get Alex's mind of that.

Liam wrote that down and then looked at Alex. "You're really good at putting those boards up, it looks perfect, lot better than jacks."

"Hey!" Jack whined.

"I'm use to building." Alex shrugged.

"Ooh you can build whatever we need and help with the fires to keep us warm!" Liam wrote that down.

"I can help with that too." Maya suggested.

"Perfect! Oh what about hunting for food or grocery shopping?" Liam asked.

"I can do that." Sophia informed and Liam wrote that down. "I can do it too." Alex added.

"Perfect! We got everything organized, now who's going to be on the look out tonight?" He asked.