Chapter 5

Liam and Elena went back to the hospital and tried to find supplies. They went to a few quick stores and grabbing whatever they could and quickly made their way back to Jack and Alex. Alex was awake and groaning from the pain.

"When did he wake up?" Elena asked.

"Just a few minutes ago." Jack informed them.

"Here take this, it will help." She handed him medicine that he quickly swallowed. She carefully removed the piece of her shirt that was wrapped around the remaining of his leg and wrapped it properly. "I also got this walker that you can put on your leg to help steady you, just let me know when you're ready and we'll help you stand up."

"I'm ready." Alex sat himself up and stood up with the help of Jack and Liam. Elena placed the remainder of his leg in the walker. He groaned from the pain.

"It's going to take some time getting use to; and it's gonna hurt for a bit while you heal." She informed.

"Doesn't hurt as bad as when you cut my leg off so I'll deal."

Elena gave him a small smile, and he slowly started to walk with it. He looked down at his leg that was on the ground and sighed, making his way out of the building, with everyone following behind him.

Elena's phone then started to ring and she saw it was Sophia. "Hey! Where are you?? Are you okay?? Yeah we're all okay, have you heard from Maya? No we haven't, meet us at her house." She hung up. "Sophia is okay but she hasn't heard from Maya, let's go." They all got into the car and made their way towards mayas house. Again another building destroyed.

Sophia was already inside looking around for her. Everyone else got out of the car and met Sophia inside. "Sophia!" Elena immediately ran over to her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Shh." She was listening for Maya and that's when everyone heard Maya crying. They immediately ran through the home more and found her in the corner hysterically crying and rocking back and forth. She was filthy and had some cuts on her arm from things falling on her, nothing to bad though.

"Maya!" Elena called her name and pulled her into a hug. Maya was still crying and rocking back and forth. It was like she wasn't even there. "Maya.. it's me.. you're okay.." Elena touched her face and turned it so she was looking at her. She then looked at Elena and cried more. "Elena.."

Elena pulled her into a hug as Maya cried. "Shh.. You're okay.. Everything's okay.." Sophia sat down on the other side of Maya and wrapped her arm around her.

Maya then looked at her. "Sophia.."

"Yeah I'm here.. we're all here.." she pointed to the guys and they gave her a small smile.

"You're all okay.. oh thank god.." she was relieved, the most relief she's felt in a bit. "What is going on?"

"We don't know.. But we're going to find out.. There has to be others that survived this too." Liam informed.

Elena and Sophia helped Maya stand up and they all made their way out of her home. "Whats the plan?" Elena asked.

"Let's drive around, we need to find others." They all got into the car, luckily it was big enough to fit all of them and Liam started driving around, trying to find people. There was a lot of people that were just dead which was terrifying to see but then he saw an old man sitting outside a gas station. It was pretty destroyed but parts of it was still standing. Liam pulled up and they all got out of the car.

"We'll look what we got here, some survivors." The old man put his cigarette to his mouth and exhaled the smoke.

"Yeah.. Do you know what's going on?" Liam asked.

"The world ending im pretty sure."

Jack laughed and rolled his eyes. "That's not fucking funny."

"Does it look like I'm joking kid?"

"The world ending? You can't be serious."

"Well how would you explain it? The earth was cracking under our feet, buildings destroyed, people dead. Other places got some fires and floods too, people sick." He put the cigarette to his mouth once more.

"So what's going to happen?" Liam asked.

"Looks like you're going to have to do what people did in the early times, hunt for food, and just survive."

"Is that what you're going to be doing?" Jack asked.

"I've been living that way for years, I've seen many things in my time; this is nothing."

"Nothing??" Alex stepped forward with his walker. "I lost my leg what do you mean nothing??"

"Talk to me when you get to my age kid, you're lucky you're still alive."

"Are we going to be alive for much longer though?" Sophia asked with her arms crossed.

"That's all up to you kids, now either get some things from my store or leave." He dropped his cigarette and stepped on it and made his way inside.

Jack rolled his eyes. "What a fucking asshole."

Liam sighed and rubbed his head.

"What are we going to do now?" Elena asked.

"Well even though he is an asshole he's probably right, we're gonna have to figure out this new world now. Let's go to a bunch of stores and get supplies and maybe we can find a building that's not completely destroyed. His store isn't as bad as others so maybe it didn't get hit so hard in this direction." Liam informed.

They all made their way back into the car and Liam started to drive, trying to find any stores that weren't just a big pile of nothing. A lot of buildings were destroyed, but there were some that were still intact. Not the way it was before, but enough where it looked like a store. They all got out and started grabbing whatever they could.