Chapter 2

Liam was with his military guys getting ready to attack anyone that came onto their land. While they were waiting for anything to happen the ground started to shake and break underneath them. "TAKE COVER!" Their chief yelled and a bunch of the men started to run.

Liam was running with his friends, trying to take cover from whatever was happening. Everyone was screaming and some of the guys were falling into the ground that was breaking underneath them. Trees and buildings started collapsing right in front of them, and everyone was trying to get to safety.

One of the big trees started collapsing in front of them. "LIAM WATCH OUT!" One of his friends yelled and a bunch of trees collapsed onto Liam and his friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elena was giving someone blood when the ground started to shake, she couldn't keep her hand steady to get the blood. She was hoping that the shaking would just stop but it started getting worse. The ground was cracking beneath them. Everyone was screaming, mostly the patients. "Elena we got to get out of here!" Her co worker yelled and dragged her out of the room.

"What about the patients??"

"There's not enough time! We can't save anyone but ourselves! We need to go!"

"But—" the ceiling started to collapse on a bunch of people and Elena and her co worker leaned against the wall for cover.

"ELENA NOW!" The co worker yelled and they both started running down the steps as quickly as possible, jumping over obstacles and people that were crushed. Elena and her co worker made it to the first floor but there was no way out, they were blocked in by debris. They leaned against the wall and sat on the floor covering their heads  and bracing for whatever hits them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex was cooking in the back of the restaurant, giving everyone the food they wanted when the ground started to break underneath everyone. A bunch of the customers ran out of the place as the ceiling started to come down quickly. Alex and his co-workers tried getting out, but they got blocked in. Big parts of the ceiling collapsed on his co-workers and on him, impaling him. He let out a scream of pain and everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia was on the bleachers outside drinking some Gatorade, taking a break from running, when she saw the groundbreaking underneath her feet. She heard a bunch of people screaming in the distance, and she quickly started to run as fast as she could, luckily she was an athlete.

She ran up this hill that was in an open field, nothing could crush her. She laid down on the ground as everything was shaking, trying to keep herself steady. Sophia was up on a high hill and she could see the town.

She saw smoke and buildings collapsing and a bunch of water flooding. She tried to remain calm, but she was terrified, she let out a few cries into her arm, just waiting for this to be over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya was watching TV hearing the horrible news, hoping they were just overreacting. But shortly the TV went out, and the ground started shaking and all the furniture was falling all over the place. She saw the ceiling was breaking and quickly ran down to her basement.

She didn't think of just leaving her home; she was terrified. She ran into the basement and sat in the corner trying to call her mom but she wasn't answering. She pressed her knees into her chest and hysterically started to cry. "PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP!" She cried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack was underneath all this snow, and he was kicking his arms and legs in a swimming motion, trying to find his way out before he died. He found his way to the side of the mountain somehow and felt for rocks and trees to pull him out. He grabbed onto a big rock and pushed himself out of the snow.

He got his head out and gasped for air. He took a few deep breaths before he dug the rest of his body out. His whole body was shivering from fear and the snow. He pulled his bag out that was buried in the snow and looked through his things. He had a change of clothes, but it was soaked. Jack sighed and quickly made his way down the mountain, he didn't know if something else was going to happen, so he needed to be fast.

He got to the bottom of the mountain and saw the ground broken. It was nothing like he's ever seen before. He had to watch his step or he would fall. He then saw a bunch of trees and buildings just on the ground, destroyed. "What the fuck.." he whispered.

He then made it towards his car and saw other cars just destroyed. Some were flipped on their sides, others were just smashed in, like his. He stepped closer and saw some dead bodies. He covered his mouth with his hand as his body continued to shake.

He wanted to scream, to see if anyone was still alive, but he didn't want to cause anything else to happen. He got into his car and started it, blasting the heat, trying to get himself to warm up.

After a good amount of time, his body heat was back to normal. He quickly grabbed his phone and tried calling his mom, but there was no answer. He then tried calling his dad but again, no answer. Jack needed to get home. He quickly drove out of there and headed back home.

As he drove he saw that the mountain wasn't the only thing that saw destruction. Everything in his view was destroyed. Nothing was around. Only dead bodies. He was getting so worried about his family and his friends. He made his way home and quickly got out of his car. His home was just a pile of rubble. He stepped through different piles and dug his way into his home. "MOM??" He called out. "MOM WHERE ARE YOU!! DAD??" He called out. He then walked further and saw both his parents laying there, dead.