Chapter 6

They traveled towards an area that didn't get as much destruction as the other areas. There was no reason behind why, maybe luck. Maybe the buildings were stronger, who knows. They still got destroyed, but it's not a complete pile of debris.

They all got out and started getting a bunch of supplies from different stores. Clothes, food, tools, everything. They put all that stuff in the trunk and started driving around to find a place to live.

"This is crazy, what if we can't find a place?" Alex asked.

"We'll find something that's not completely destroyed." Liam informed as he continued to drive. Eventually he found a home that wasn't that bad, would need some work to it though. Liam parked the car and they all got out.

They all looked through the broken windows and Elena slowly opened the door that was broken off it's hinges. "Hello? Anyone live here?" She called out trying to see if anyone was around but there was no one.

"Do you think someone lives here?" Maya asked.

"Hard to say, we can start fixing up the place and if someone comes home we can explain ourselves and just leave, they should understand."

"Yeah and hopefully not kill us." Jack added.

"They're not going to kill us." Liam sighed and walked over to the fireplace that had family pictures on it. "We got garbage bags right? Let's throw some of this stuff out." Liam went to the car and started cleaning things out of the place and everyone else helped as well trying to make it look nice. They cleaned up some of the debris and it started looking better.

Jack looked at the broken windows and doors. "I'm gonna go to the store and get new windows and stuff, who's coming?" He asked.

"I'll go." Alex made his way out of the place.

"I'll come to, you'll guys be okay here?" Liam asked the girls.

"Yeah we'll be fine, what should we do?" Elena asked.

"Just try make the place look nice." Liam shrugged.

Elena nodded and gave him a kiss goodbye, and the girls watched them leave. They all went back to cleaning up the place some more.

"We're probably going to have to start a fire before it gets dark, it's going to be cold, especially without any windows." Sophia informed them.

"Yeah that's a good idea." Elena added.

"We cleaned the place up so there's nothing we can do now anyways." Maya agreed.

They all went out of the house and walked down the road, trying to gather wood and things to start a fire.

The men made it to a Home Depot to find a new door and windows. The store was completely empty, it was weird seeing it like that. They grabbed a rolling cart and put some windows and a door on it, and grabbed other things they needed there.

While they were walking towards the door, they heard noises coming from the back of the store. The store was so quiet since it was only them, or so they thought, so hearing noise wasn't hard.

"Are their people here?" Alex asked.

"Maybe there's more survivors." Liam and the guys walked to the back of the store trying to find where the people were. "Anyone here?" Liam called out and before he could say something else he was attacked by someone, or something.

He didn't know what it was. It looked like a human, but wasn't acting like one. Liam screamed as he went down and tried getting the man off him that was trying to bite him and was hissing. "GET OFF PSYCHO!!" Liam punched the man in the face and Jack grabbed a hammer he found and quickly hit the man in the head killing him. The man fell to the ground and Liam slid back, away from the guy.

"Are you okay??" Alex asked.

"What the hell was that!" Liam yelled and Alex helped him stand up.

"I have no idea.. You don't think.. Zombies?"

"What?? That's insane!"

"Look at what's happening! This is all insane! What else could it be??" Jack asked.

"Holy shit.. We need to get out of here.. Oh my god.. The girls! Elena!" He yelled and they all quickly ran to the car. Alex tried running as quickly as he could, leaving their supplies behind and drove as quickly as they could back to the house.

The girls were picking up piles of wood and things to start a fire, it was starting to get dark so they started to head back. Elena heard some growling like sounds and turned around. "Do you guys hear that?" She asked.

"Hear what?" Maya asked.

"I can't explain it.. It's coming from over there." Elena started walking towards the sound and immediately got knocked down by something, she let out a groan and then a scream.

Sophia and Maya ran over. "ELENA!" They both yelled at the same time and saw something terrifying trying to attack her.

Elena was trying to push this thing off of her. It looked like a very weird diseased animal, an animal that she's never seen before. It was scary. The animal was trying to bite her, and she was using all her strength to get it off her.

Sophia tried looking around for something she could hit it with. She found some rocks on the ground, and she quickly started to throw it at the animal.

Maya got involved as well. "Hey!! Come over here fucker!!" Sophia yelled and the animal looked over and started growling and hissing. It jumped off Elena and started coming near Sophia and Maya.

They started to back up, they didn't know what to do. It started to lunge and they both hugged each other and closed their eyes, but they heard a loud gun shot which made them fall to the ground in fear. They were terrified to open their eyes.

A few moments later they slowly opened them and saw they weren't injured, and the terrifying animal was laying there dead.