Chapter 11

A good amount of time has passed, and they've been struggling. Every day they go out searching for supplies, but they're not really finding anything. They'll find a few things, but that's about it. Hunting for food has also been a struggle. The only thing they were able to do was keep themselves warm, since getting wood was easy.

They were wandering around trying to get food which they haven't had in a few days, they were getting desperate. While they were walking they heard noises which made them all raise their weapons ready to fight.

Four people appeared holding their weapons out as well. "Who are you?? Have you been attacked by zombies??" The man asked.

"No we haven't, we're all healthy, what about you?!" Liam asked ready to shoot.

"No we're fine." The man and the others lowered their weapons. "We're not going to hurt you, put your weapons down."

"How do we know you're not going to hurt us?"

"Well you don't but we'll put our weapons away." They dropped their weapons and stepped away from it showing that they can trust them. Liam looked at his friends and nodded, lowering their weapons.

"It's nice to know there's others out here, we've been trying to find other survivors, my names Ryan, this is my wife Emma." They introduced themselves. "I'm Ethan and this is Mia." The others introduced.

Liam introduced himself and introduced his friends, but he still was on high alert since what happened last time, he definitely wasn't inviting them into his home, but even if he did, they didn't have a lot they could steal.

"Do you have a place around here?" Ryan asked.

"That's for us to know and you to never find out."

"Well we have a bunker not to far from here, did you want to come with us?"

"No, we're fine on our own."

"Suit yourself.. Nice to meet you guys.. Stay safe.." they started to walk away.

"Guys.. I think we should go with them.." Elena spoke quietly.

"Are you crazy??" Jack commented.

"I'm with Jack.. Elena we can't risk what happened last time." Liam informed her.

"I know, but look at us, we have a shitty home and no food, we're probably going to die if we don't figure something out."

"Well probably die if we go with them."

"Maybe; but are we gonna not take a risk? If each option may lead to death, we gotta chance it." Elena was practically begging. She trusted people easily; which could be a bad quality since she got hurt more easily, but she didn't want to be struggling like this.

Liam sighed and looked at everyone. "How about we vote, all in favor of going with them raise your hand."

Elena raised her hand and so did Maya and Sophia. Alex raised his hand as well. Liam and Jack looked at each other and sighed. "Wait!" Liam called out to the others which made them turn around. "We're coming."

They all smiled. "Great! Follow us." They led them through the woods. They walked for a good amount of time. They weren't sure how long but it felt like awhile. Maybe it was cause they were exhausted and starving.

Eventually they got to a hidden bunker. Ryan had a lock pad on the door, and he covered it with one hand so they wouldn't see the code since they didn't trust them with it yet. The door then unlocked and they all walked inside.

It was a very fancy place, it was all high-tech, something you would see in a war movie. Liam has seen places like this when he served in the military but didn't think he would be in one at this moment in time.

There were lots of bedrooms, cameras, weapons, and a kitchen stocked with a lot of food. They all looked around in amazement.

"How did you guys find this?" Liam asked.

"It's mine, I worked in a lab before everything went down and once I heard the news about what was going on I didn't take any chances and brought my wife here with me." Ryan informed them.

"When everything started happening I knew who we had to call and they of course let us stay, we've been friends since forever." Ethan informed them.

"Well you definitely were thinking ahead." Liam was a bit jealous. Ryan kept his wife and friends safe and he was barley able to do that for his girlfriend and friends.

"You guys are probably starving, get situated, we'll make some food, bedrooms are down the hall." Ryan informed them.

They made their way down the hall. Liam and Elena walked into the one bedroom and the others found their own bedrooms. It was like a typical bedroom in a house, it was nice except no windows of course.

Elena smiled to herself. It definitely wasn't home, but it was close to it. Once they picked their bedrooms, they came out and sat down in the kitchen area where Ryan and them prepared some soup and chicken for them.

Everyone started eating and Liam and his group we're basically shoving the food down their throats, they were so hungry. It was nice to be in a place that was very prepared. Elena and Mayas guard was down, and they enjoyed talking with these new people. Everyone else's guards were up, though.

Ryan grabbed his radio that was on the table. "Hello, can anyone hear me?" He asked but there was only static. "I have a bunch of radios, been trying to get in contact with anyone but so far it's been nothing."

"Think you should give up at this point, no one is out there." Jack spoke sternly.

"Well you guys were out there so there could be others too." Ryan clearly had more hope than them.

Jack rolled his eyes and went to his bedroom and so did the rest besides Maya and Elena.

"I'm sorry about them; we've been through a lot recently, but once they get more comfortable you'll love them." Elena gave them a smile.

"I totally understand, meeting new people you never know what to expect, but we wouldn't invite you in if we would hurt you guys, and if we wanted to we would've done it by now." Ryan chuckled.

Maya and Elena chuckled with them. "Well we better get to bed ourselves, is there anything we can help you with since we're here? Any chores or  roles?" She asked.

"Just keep yourselves safe and of course protect one another."

"We can do that, we promise."