Chapter 3

Liam opened his eyes and started to cough as he sat up. So much dirt and debris got into his lungs and on his body, he was filthy. He pulled himself up from the ground, groaning from pain. He looked around and saw dead bodies everywhere.

He covered his mouth. "No.. No.." he looked around some more. It was so quiet. Just a second ago it was so loud from everyone's screams, and now dead silence. All his friends, dead. Why did he survive? In that moment he immediately thought about Elena, and his friends from home. He needed to get home to her, he needed to make sure she was okay.

He quickly started running trying to find a vehicle, and he stumbled upon one of the helicopters. He has experience flying one luckily but isn't licensed in it yet, not that it mattered at this moment. Liam quickly turned it on and started to fly home, which didn't take very long. He saw all the buildings destroyed, it didn't look like home.

He found a place to land which wasn't hard and got out of the helicopter. He saw so many dead bodies and debris everywhere. Liam was hoping this was just a terrible dream, but he wasn't waking up.

He then felt his phone vibrate and quickly answered it. "Jack?? Are you okay?? Yeah yeah I'm fine.. I flew home.. what..? Oh my gosh.. Yeah I'll be right there.." he quickly hung up. He was relieved to know that Jack survived.

He looked around for a vehicle to take and found one that had the keys still inside it, he hoped he wasn't stealing someone's car that was alive, but he didn't have a choice right now. He got into it and immediately drove to jacks house.

Once he got there he saw jacks home destroyed and quickly stepped through all the debris making his way into his home. "Jack??" He called out and walked further into the home and saw Jack sitting on the floor with his parents lifeless bodies. He stood there frozen for a moment and slowly sat down next to him. "I'm so sorry man.."

"My mom didn't want me to go on my trip.. I should have stayed home.."

"This isn't your fault, there is nothing you could've done, you could've died too, I'm glad you didn't." He pulled Jack into a hug. They both hugged each other tightly, relieved that they were both alive. "Come on.. We gotta get out of here.. Have you heard from the others?" He asked. Jack shook his head no.

Liam grabbed his phone from his pocket and started dialing Elena's number. "Oh thank god, you're okay! Where are you? Okay I'll be right there." He hung up the phone. "Elena's okay; she's trapped in the hospital." He stood up from the ground and looked at Jack who was still staring at his parents. He put his hand on his shoulder. "We gotta go man.."

Jack sighed and slowly stood up from the ground. Liam wrapped his arm around him to console him as they walked out of his home and made their way to the hospital.

Elena was sitting on the ground with her co worker, luckily they both survived. But so much debris was covering them. "My boyfriend is going to be here soon and he'll get us out." She informed as they sat there waiting.

"Do you think anyone else survived?" Her co worker asked.

"I hope so.. You saved my life.. I probably would be dead if I stayed up there.."

"You think of others before yourself, I knew I had to get you out of there."

Elena smiled and held her hand, they were both terrified and needed someone's hand to hold. "Elena??" Liam called out from the other side of the door.

"Liam! I'm in here!" She quickly stood up.

"Are you hurt?" He asked.

"No I'm okay! I'm just stuck in here!"

"I'm going to move a bunch of things and break down the door okay! Just back up!"

Elena did as she was told as Liam and Jack started lifting heavy pieces of debris away from the door, and they both started kicking at the door. Eventually it flung open and they both walked inside. Elena ran over to Liam and hugged him. They both were hugging each other tightly. They were both scared, and they haven't seen each other in a while, so there were a lot of emotions.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Liam kissed her passionately.

"I'm glad you're okay too, I've missed you so much." Elena cried into him and then looked over at Jack and hugged him as well. "I'm so glad you're here."

"We gotta make sure the others are okay." Liam informed as they made their way out of the hospital. Elena's co worker started to walk the opposite way from them.

"Where you going?" Elena called out to her.

"I gotta make sure my friends and family are okay too."

"You don't want us to come with you?" She asked.

"No I got this, be safe!"

"You too!" Elena got into the car with Liam and Jack and Elena started calling her sister but there was no answer. "We gotta go to my house, my sister isn't answering."

Jack and Liam looked at one another concerned.

"What?" She asked.

Liam sighed. "We were at jacks house before.. His parents are dead.. I don't want to scare you but you might walk into something you don't want to see.. I don't want you to do that.."

"Oh my god Jack.. I'm so sorry.. But I need to make sure she's okay.. I can't just abandon her.. If she is.." she hesitated and took a breath. "If she is.. Than at least I know.."

Liam sighed and nodded as he started to drive to Elena's house, he knew this was probably not going to be good.

Once they got to her home, Elena started to walk closer to her home, seeing the pile of debris all over. She took a deep breath with Liam and Jack by her side as they made their way in.