Chapter 4

Elena stepped into her home through all the debris, Liam and Jack following right behind her. "Jesus.." she mumbled. She was use to seeing the debris at this point but seeing her whole house destroyed was a different story. "Abby??" She called out trying to locate her sister. "Abby please answer me!" Her voice was shaky from fear.

She made her way towards where her sister's room was and saw pieces of Abby's hair sticking out under debris and her feet, that's all she could see of her sister. She covered her mouth and hysterically started to cry.

She almost collapsed to the ground, but Liam caught her and they both sat down on the ground. Liam pulled her into his chest as she hysterically cried.

Liam was trying to stay strong and not shed a tear but hearing her cry like this was awful. He also knew Abby since he was dating Elena, and it broke his heart knowing that she was dead.

He let her cry for a good amount of time before he helped her stand up and help her out of the house and back into the car. "Do.. Do you think she suffered..?"

"I don't think so, it was probably quick." He hated talking about the death like this but he didn't want her to think her sister suffered. Elena wiped tears that went down her cheeks.

"I know how you're feeling, we're here for you." Jack put his hand on her shoulder to console her. Elena nodded and wiped more of her tears.

Liam was on his phone trying to contact Alex while Jack was consoling her. He was getting nervous that Alex wasn't answering. Anytime someone didn't answer, it usually wasn't something good.

"Where do you think Alex is?" He asked.

"He should be at work." Jack informed him.

Liam nodded and turned the car on and headed towards his job, he was terrified that he was dead.

They made it to the restaurant, another building that was just piles of debris. They all got out and started to call his name, trying to find him through all the debris.

Alex was unconscious for awhile and started hearing voices. It was muffled but he eventually came to. He tried moving but the lower half of his body was stuck under a bunch of heavy debris. "I'm over here!" He called out and they all came running to his voice.

"Oh thank god, I thought you were dead." Liam sighed with relief.

"Nope still alive." Alex chuckled. "Can you get this stuff off me?"

"Yeah yeah.." he looked further and saw Alex's leg was injured very badly. It was impaled by the thing that was crushing him. He wasn't going to be able to get it off without causing him to lose his leg. Liam looked at Jack and Elena with a lot of concern.

"Why are you guys quiet? What's going on?" He asked.

Liam sighed and looked at Alex. "I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just gonna say it.. Your leg is being crushed.. And when we move it off.. it's gonna cut off your leg.."

"W..What..? Is there anyway you can get me out without me loosing it..?"

"There's nothing I can do.. Either you lay here and bleed to death.. Or you gotta lose your leg.." Liam informed him, he felt terrible.

Alex sighed. He wasn't feeling any pain which wasn't a good sign. "So how we doing this?"

"Well I'm trained in nursing so I can help with that part.. Do you have a first aid kit?" She asked.

"Well it would be in the back office.. Don't know what's left of it.."

"I'll go check." She quickly stood up and made her way to what use to be the back office. She started looking inside furniture that fell over and under a bunch of debris. She opened a cabinet that was on its side and found a big first aid kit. She took a deep breath and went back over to him.

"Okay.. I got everything you need.. When they lift this off you it's going to hurt like hell.. You're probably going to pass out which will be a good thing, but we'll be with you the whole time, we got you okay?" She pushed his hair out of his face and gave him a small smile to console him and let him know it was going to be okay.

"Hopefully I pass out right away.." he chuckled anxiously.

She smiled in a caring way. "Don't be afraid to scream your head off, let it all out. Let us know when you're ready." She sat close to him so she could be there for him during this but also had the first aid kit ready to work on him.

Alex took a few deep breaths and nodded at her. "Okay guys.. Go.." she informed them and Liam and Jack nodded and started lifting the debris off him.

Alex was screaming very loudly in pain and tears were going down his face. Elena held his hand as he squeezed it tightly. It hurt a lot, but this was nothing compared to what he was going through so she could take it.

Alex's leg was being pulled apart and blood was going everywhere. As soon as they removed it, Alex passed out. Elena quickly started to pour alcohol on what was left of his leg and quickly did her best to stitch him up. It was hard since she didn't have all the right tools, but it was the best she could do at this moment.

She finished stitching him up as best as she could and  ripped part of her shirt off to wrap up his leg so it didn't get infected. She sighed with relief that she was able to do that. "We're going to need to find him some pain medicine." She informed them.

"I can take you, Jack do you wanna stay here with him?" Liam asked.

"Yeah I got this, go get some supplies."

Elena and Liam quickly stood up and made their way back to the car to quickly find whatever they could.