Chapter 56 - Just Highschoolers

Start from the beginning

"Ah?"

The unexpected salutation caused Lucas to turn his line of sight towards the source. Before his eyes was a confident youth wearing a swallow-tailed coat, carrying himself with ease and natural poise.

"May I have this dance?"

The young man gently smiled and extended his hand deferentially. Seeing this, Lucas looked towards Kurumi who stood next to him instead.

"You sure are popular just like in the real world, Kurumi."

Yet the young man unfathomably shook his head and gazed directly into Lucas' eyes while opening his mouth once again.

"N-Not the lady over there, I'm referring to you."

"...Hah?"

Hearing the young man's words, Lucas grimaced in perplexity. But he promptly recalled that his current appearance had been transformed into the cute "Lucina" through of Kotori's matches. However, Lucas had absolutely no interest in partaking in a dance with another male. Moreover, if he accidentally went out of the match's reach during the waltz like dance, he would immediately return to his original male self. This kind of matter couldn't even happen to Cinderella.

"...Not her?" Lucas, in cold sweat, pointed to Kurumi, to which the young man shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'you're joking'.

"A beautiful lady, indeed. But in terms of women-features, you, pretty Miss, have something far more maturing over her." The youth ludicrously ridiculed Kurumi, as if he was coaxing an upset child.

"....." Kurumi didn't say anything to the comment, but Lucas could feel a cold sensation run down his spine.

"I will ask again, may I have a dance?"

"Ngh...." Lucas took a few step back, hiding a little behind Kurumi.

Just in the nick of time, a woman who appeared to be the Master of Ceremonies emerged on the grand stage situated inside the room, verbosely making a speech to all the guests present.

"May I have your attention please. In a moment, we shall be given the privilege to witness, in person, a seldom seen mermaid princess' enchanting serenade!"

Hearing the statement, the entire assembly hall vehemently flared up with ebullient exuberance. Even the youth who had invited Lucas just now was zestfully viewing the raised platform in high spirits.

"L-Let's go, everyone. There's our objective, we should look for a better position." Lucas beckoned everyone to head for an advantageous stead. Following closely, the curtains on the stage slowly unfolded left and right, little by little. Instantly, the vast hall was enveloped by noisy excitement and passionate sighs.

"Wow..."

"A real mermaid!"

"So beautiful..."

Perhaps the theatrical scenery served to imitate the coastal seaside. The stage was nicely decorated with water and a beach, along with some large sandy stones scattered here and there.

Atop one of the rocks sat a lovable young girl whose body had the exterior appearance of a fish from waist down. She possessed slightly wet hair and a swimsuit made out of polished shells; brightly smooth skin and a moist pair of eyes. It was self-explanatory; she was the very epitome of the fairy-tale Mermaid Princess.

However.

"Kyaa-?! Where is this place?! Where's Darling!? Where did everyone go?!"

She was the Spirit who also got swallowed into that oneiric world along with Lucas and the others, Miku.