ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞

•Making Amends?•

Clearwater FL.
Tuesday

"Thanks for meeting with me, I know this wasn't an easy decision for you to make considering our history and everything."

India says to me as we take a seat across from each other.

The text she sent me the other day was essentially her asking if we could meet up, and I agreed so now we are here.

We agreed to meet up at this Mexican spot in Clearwater, so if this conversation went south I would at least be eating good afterwards.

I was taken back by her words, because I didn't feel like she needed to really be apologetic or sympathetic about anything.

Yeah I know she made out with Antonio and everything, but I cheated on her too and kept that shit hidden for weeks on end.

"If anything, I should be the one saying that to you. What I did was fucked up, and you didn't deserve to be lied to like that for as long as I did." She waves her hand dismissing what I said politely and picks up her menu glancing at it.

I did the same waiting anxiously to see what exactly it is that she had to say.

We sat in silence for a minute or two as we both individually tried to decide on what we'd eat.

Eventually we both just settled on the restaurants street tacos, and we gave our menus to the waiter after telling them our order along with what we'd like to drink.

She clasps her hands together on the table leaning forward a bit as her eyes landed on me once again.

The smile she sported was so bright and inviting, it honestly scared me a bit because I really couldn't understand why she was even happy being in my presence after what happened between us.

That didn't stop me from returning her gesture with a smile of my own as our eyes locked.

"So, how are things going with you Carlos?"

Shrugging ever so slightly I opened my mouth to speak.

"It's cool, you know football and school honestly takes up all of my time but I can't exactly complain." My curiosity led me to asking her the question as well. "What about you?"

She shrugs as well and sits back in her seat keeping her clasped hands on the table.

"Same as you honestly with school taking up all of my time." I nodded and she goes on. "Might be quitting the cheer team, but nothing is firmly decided yet."

"What?! I thought you loved the cheer team." I said tilting my head slightly in confusion.

"All the girls love me, and have made me feel so accepted since I joined. Well all except..one." I think I know exactly who she's talking about.

Sighing, I looked into her eyes once again.

"Don't, don't quit the team because of Ariana. I know it's quite a bit of animosity between you two because of everything that went down but you're insanely talented and the team would miss out on a lot if you left the team." She smiles at my words.