ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 7

•Just wait•

"Hello girls." My mom greeted us as we walked by the living room and towards the stairs. "Don't worry I'll be out of your hair soon enough."

"Okay mom great. This is India by the way, she's new so we figured we'd invite over tonight since she doesn't really know that many people from our school yet."

She smiles and my mom returns the gesture.

"Oh hello sweetie, I'm Joan but you can call me mama G. All of the girls do anyways so you might as well do the same." India nods.

"Okay mom, we're gonna go upstairs now." She nods and the girls go up ahead of me.

I proceeded to walk up but my mom grabs my arm lightly stopping me from going anywhere.

She didn't say anything until the girls were up the stairs and out of earshot from us.

"Be nice Ari."

I scoffed at that cause I didn't understand what she meant.

"What are you talking about mom, I am nice?" She gave me a look I knew all to well. "Mom come on, what?"

She smiled slightly.

"I know you Ariana and I know the girls. You don't usually let just anybody in your circle, so I know there has to be a catch of some sort and all I'm saying is that you be kind to this girl cause she seems nice."

I rolled my eyes internally cause I couldn't believe that she was accusing me of being conniving cause that's not me.

"I swear it's just an innocent girls' night for us and plus it's senior year, the scheming on other girls is so immature now."

I could tell she didn't believe me but I personally didn't know what I was supposed to do about that.

"Okay, just remember what I said. Otherwise you may soon have no friends at all."

"Alright mom." She let my arm go and I finally walked upstairs to join the rest of the girls in my room.

Frankie wasn't here. He went out with some of his friends and won't be back until tomorrow, so once my mom leaves we'll really have the house to ourselves.

I honestly didn't know what we were going to be doing tonight besides watching movies and talking shit about other people.

I'm sure we'll figure it out in due time though, but that'll have to come after we pry a bit in our attempt to get to know the new girl.

My mom might think she knows what my intentions for her are, but I actually sincerely want to get to know India and possibly form a friendship with her before someone else does.

It's not because I have some evil intent or I'm trying to do other things that may draw suspicion from others cause I'm not, it's all just for the sake of potentially befriending someone who seems genuine.

"Did you fall up the stairs on your way up or something? I didn't realize it took five minutes to walk up to your room."

Rolling my eyes at Summer's comments, I didn't say anything and instead went to sit at the head of my bed.