ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

•Confusion, worry and lies•

Carlos's POV
Boca Raton, Florida
Saturday

"I'm gonna head out now pops, Maia is asleep so the house should be relatively quiet until mom and the girls get back from the spa."

I made my way down the stairs with the baby monitor in hand so that I could give it to him.

Once my feet hit the bottom step he looked up at me from the tv as he was watching a movie.

"Oh thank you Carlos, you know how difficult it is for me to get her to go to sleep sometimes."

I nodded walking over to the couch that he was sitting on handing him the baby monitor.

"Yeah I know, but it's not really your fault. I mean you do have to work long hours of the day and you work at night so when we do see you it's on the weekends or right before we leave in the mornings when you're on your way to bed."

"That's the one drawback with this job, I miss being home with you guys. The pay is great and always has been, but only being able to spend so much time with you all on the weekends is one thing I wish I could change but with my profession I'm kinda always on go mode so I can't really do much about that."

I smiled at that.

My dad didn't need to apologize for wanting to provide for his family.

I have no problem with that, sure it sucks to not be able to see him all the time but I know he cares at the end of the day and would do anything for his kids with no questions asked.

"It's all good pops, I understand. Besides, I like being able to tell people that my dad fights fires for a living." He smiles once again only this time a laugh came from him.

"You know between you and me and you can't tell anybody I told you this, especially not your mom." I nodded in an okay. "You were always my favorite, now I love your sisters I do but sometimes they drive me up a wall and I don't always understand them and their issues."

"Trust me I know. But I really gotta go though, so I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah maybe later, but they may or may not call me to come back to the fire station so we'll see." I nodded once again and he turns back around to finish watching his movie as I made my way to the front door.

"Alright." I opened the door after remembering feed the dogs and give them water cause I knew my mom would be mad if I forgot.

Once I was finished with that then I walked outside the house closing the door behind me.

Walking down the driveway and towards my car that had been previously parked next to the sidewalk the night before, I could see someone walking out of Ariana's house.

Upon closer inspection, I could see that it was India.

She must've felt my gaze on her cause she looked over at me almost immediately.

The confusion on my face was clear cause I didn't know that she and Ariana were close like that or even talked to each other.