Meeting Up

Last update before I leave to my friend's house, I'll be gone until Sunday, I'll try to update once I get back. As always, Votes, comments, and follows are appreciated! Enjoy!

Alice walked through the gates to the park. No one was around except for a cute elderly couple and some kids playing tag. She walked down the cobblestone path, wondering where he was. Alice sat down on a bench and waited.

He said 7 pm...right?

Alice sighed.

He still hadn't shown up. 

I swear if he doesn't show up...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a boy who sat next to her. Alice looked over at the boy. He wore a white hoodie with black skinny jeans, had dirty blonde hair, and sky blue eyes. In her opinion, he looked beautiful. 

"Hey there, Alice." the boy said.

"Umm...Hi?" she replied nervously.

He knows me? I swear I've never seen him in my life...

He just looked at her expectantly and after awhile, chuckled with a smirk on his face.

"Don't recognize me, do ya?" he laughed.

"Umm...No, should I?" Alice asked.

"I guess not, thats what the chip does." He muttered to himself.

"Chip?" Alice questioned, tilting her head in confusion.

"It's me, Jeff. My friend, the one you met the other night, made a chip that makes me look like I used to before my accident." Jeff explained, pointing to a chip on his neck.

"How does that even work...?" Alice wondered.

"I dunno, but it works. Anyway, I got you these." Jeff said, pulling green roses out from behind his back.

"F-for me?" Alice stuttered, grabbing the roses and smelling them.

"Of course they're for you. This is a date, isn't it?" he questioned.

"Oh...yeah." Alice sighed, looking away.

Jeff frowned,"Come on, you're supposed to have fun, don't act like a prisoner. You can do what you want, I won't make you do anything."

Alice looked at him,"Why are you doing this? Being nice to me? Last I heard you're an infamous killer that murders people, not take them out on dates."

He paused in thought for a while before answering,"Those people aren't you, you're different. And I like that. They plead for their lives and offer others in place of their own. You never did that once. They begged while you did something to fight back. I may not be able to be killed easily, but being shot does hurt, ya know?"

"Wait, back up. Did you just say that you like me?" Alice asked.

"M-maybe..."He choked out, a light pink dusting his face making her laugh,"Let's just go, this is supposed to be a date."

"Fine, where ya taking me?" Alice grumbled.

"On a walk." he said, holding her hand.

Alice looked down at his hand gripping hers, his hands were warm to the touch and felt good around her small, clammy ones. She shook her head and yanked her hand out of his. 

It isn't supposed to work this way, the killer isn't supposed to fall in love with his prey and the prey shouldn't love her killer.

Jeff looked at her with a slightly pained expression,"Too soon, huh?"

Alice just looked away and started walking.

"Wait, you don't know where we are going." Jeff stated.

Alice swore under her breath and looked at him as he walked up to her.

"It's this way." He said, nodding towards another path.

Without a word, she started walking, not waiting for him.