Chapter 20

Christo's POV

Everything was dull and dark after that. Zaara didn't even hear my words. She misunderstood me. Or maybe she understood me. She understood that I was not an ideal man and that I was a man without self-control.

But it never happened before. I had never loved anyone before Zaara. I had never been in a relationship until then. So I never cheated on anyone.

But now it feels like I am cheating on you.

Is it an unforgivable sin? All three people in my life need to forgive me.

I was pondering my thoughts while watching the fan's rotation when someone knocked on the door.

"Is it you, Roh?"

"Are you expecting someone else?" His voice still held some anger.

"No nooo! Come in." I muttered, after which he entered the room.

"I am really sorry, Ro." I didn't know what else to say. I could never justify my behavior.

"Okay. I came to say that you can love Maya or Zaara. It's up to you." Rohan said this without looking at my face.

"Please don't do this, Rohan. I am not into Maya. For the time being, I am not in a mood for love. Please cool down and let's get back to normal because that's the only thing I need right now." I pleaded.

"Hey, I didn't come here to make you feel like this. About Maya, I was just sighting her from a distance for the past two or three months. Now that I know that she is interested in you, I have lost interest in her. So you can love her if you want to." He said that and slowly walked out of my room.

This man is a gem. He might have killed me, but instead, he chose to forgive me. Forgiven right?

After a long effort, I slept at 3.30 a.m. just because my body couldn't handle any of it anymore.

The next morning, I woke up myself, and there was no Rohan to wake me up.

My personal alarm: where are you? Did he leave me? So I am not forgiven.

I searched for him all over the house, but I couldn't find him anywhere. But as I entered the kitchen, I could sense a pleasant smell coming out of it. I went in and opened the hot pack to witness my love, Biryani.

So he must have forgiven me, and he might also be depressed. He goes crazy for food only when he is depressed.

I called him to check whether he was alright.

"Hey, Roh, Where are you?"

"I am in school. My part-time job."

"Okay." So he is still working with Zaara.

It's not a big deal.

"Why Biryani today?" I asked to check whether he was alright.

"I was craving something heavy." Rohan replied.

So probably he is not alright.

Each and every time he gets depressed, he starts to crave food more. He will crave yummy foods and end up cooking or ordering them online.

"Roh..." I couldn't complete my sentence. But I needed to. So I added, "You don't worry. I will never love Maya."

"Hmmm," he hummed as a response and didn't utter anything.

The call ended, but my heart was heavy.

But why?