Chapter 15

ROHAN'S POV

Why was she staring at me? I could sense her nervousness when I was holding her. Is it normal? She breathed heavily. She even held my pinky finger. Is that all enough to assume that she is in love with me?

I was pondering my thoughts on my way to my part-time job.

Do I really need to do this?

Yup! I should remain out of Zaara's sight on mornings for our wellbeing.

I was talking to my conscience until I reached the school to which I applied for a PE teacher job.

I went straight to the office to check the time of the interview, where I witnessed a familiar face.

"You are here?" I asked out of disbelief.

"I work here." Zaara muttered in a low voice.

Oh! Then I am not going to work here.

"You are here for?" She asked, to which I replied, "Interview."

"First floor, second class from the right." She said so, and she looked excited to have me on board.

I said "thank you" and went for the interview, hoping that I would fail.

I don't want to work here anymore. I don't want to disturb Chris's love.

The interview lasted for 30 minutes, for which I gave mixed answers on purpose. Finally, the interviewer gave up on his attempts to get the right answer out of my mouth and said, "You are selected. Join on Monday."

Are you that desperate for a teacher?

"I will think about it, sir." I said, as I didn't want to give him assurance.

"Call Zaara and confirm before coming." He said this while handing me a piece of paper that held her number.

At least it will be useful for Chris.

I saved the number and walked out with a sulky expression, which anyone would have interpreted as a failure. But it was not. I chose friendship over my career.

I am the loyal friend that everyone wishes to have.

I am so proud of myself for not cheating Chris in any way until I witnessed a horrible sight in the kitchen.

My crush was standing so close to my best friend that both of them must be breathing the same air.

Were they kissing before my entry?

I started arguing with Chris because I couldn't control my anger. Finally, when things started to heat up, I got a call from "Zaara."

The dark side of me, which I didn't even know existed, suddenly sparked out.

I made an evil laugh and picked up the call. "Hi Zaara! I was expecting your call." I said it just to make Chris angry.

I was not even sure why she was calling me.

"Really?" She was amused.

"Yes!"

"You left your file here. The interviewer asked me to inform you." She said it in her usual low voice.

"Will you bring it to my home?" I tried to act flirty to annoy Chris.

"Oho! I... " She was too naive to understand my assignment.

"If that's the case, let's meet in the coffee shop tomorrow." I said it loudly to make it audible to the man who was walking away from me.

She said, "Okay," and I didn't expect that.

I disconnected the call and decided to act just like him to make him taste his own medicine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up and decided to wake him up as usual.

"I am going to meet your crush. Wait to get a glance at her until she comes back from our date." I smirked.

"Hmmm okay. I will be having a meeting with your crush. So no worries." He told me in half-asleep mode and didn't even wake up.