Chapter 9

Zaara's POV

I rushed out, and finally, when I was out of his sight, I called Minta.

"Heeeyyyy!" I sulked.

"Did your date go well? Did he express his interest?" Minta asked eagerly, as she was aware of the date.

"Hhheeeeee" I dragged my words, and I didn't know what to say.

"You said you were interested before going, and what happened now?" She questioned.

"I messed up everything." I murmured.

"What?"

"He is not the he I was looking for." I said it in a low voice.

"Hey. Make it clear." She said.

"I was expecting a 6.2-foot man who had broad shoulders, a sculpted jawline, pale skin, charming silver eyes, and most importantly, that naive smile." I said and paused talking, as I didn't know how to put the rest into words without embarassing myself.

"Hmm. Continue talking." She said it eagerly.

"What I ordered vs. what I got was different, and that's it." I mentioned it out of embarrassment.

"You never ordered anything, and you said that you would accept anything in the parcel. I hope you didn't forget." She said it without even knowing what I was talking about.

But she is right. I didn't order anything.

"Okay," I muttered.

"Is it all about his appearance, or is it also about his character?" She asked with concern.

"It's not about him. I expected his friend because he is the one who looked like eye candy." I muttered in a low voice, embarrassed by myself.

"But how? You said that he waved his hands, asked your name, and all." She was confused. But even I was confused.

"Hey! He talked twice. And both times, he talked from behind. Also, the sight of him from his home was a 144px video. I can only trace a sillohoute, but staring for a minute could have differentiated both. But I just glanced rarely." I uttered.

"If that's the case, how are you describing every nook and cranny of his friend's body?" Minta chuckled.

"Because he is handsome. He may be my Mona Lisa painting. I assumed that he was staring at me." I mumured.

"How can you assume such things?" Minta interrogated.

"When they went to catch my dog, I met him first, and he was on the back seat, which is technically the first floor of the bike. So I focused on him, and I expected that handsome prince to be mine." I murmured out of embarrassment.

"What you said is right." She said it in a low voice.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You messed up everything." She said, and that is what I did.

"Yes! I did." I said it out of anger at myself and tripped on a stone.

I was on the ground in a second, and my left knee landed on the asphalt road, which bruised it, and blood started to rush out of the torn pajamas.

Bbrrrrrrrrrr! Brrrrrrrrr!

I raised my head to look at the person on the bike. But the glare of the front light blinded my vision.

He suddenly stopped the bike and rushed to me to see if I was okay.

"Hey! Are you alright?" He asked.

I felt a bit dizzy, but I tilted my head to look up at him. He was none other than my Mona Lisa.