Chapter 4

Zaara's Pov

Shoooo! He is waving at me. What if my dad sees it? Idiot neighbor boy!

I rushed inside, as I didn't know what to do with him.

"Are you not late?" Dad said it while fastening his watch strap around his wrist.

"Yes pa! Come fast; I am waiting for you." I said, and that was a lie. I took my time to stare at my neighbor, and I didn't care about getting late.

As I got out to get on my dad's bike, I saw him as he was still standing at his door.

Doesn't he have a job to do? Anyway, it feels good in my loveless life.

I reached my boring office to do the same boring tasks as usual. I called my friend Minta as soon as I got my lunch break to tell her about this neighbor guy.

"Hey! Say something!" I said, and that's how we always start our conversation.

"You say, Zaara!" She said that, and that's her usual reaction.

"Can you guess what happened today?" I asked in an enthusiastic tone.

"Did someone propose to you?" She asked casually.

"Nope!" I chuckled and added, "But somewhat similar events happened."

"Did you propose to someone?" She mocked me, though she clearly knows about me.

I will never propose first.

"Noooooo," I said and added, "I will give you a clue."

"Hey! Just say it. Stop this show off." She sighed, but I would never stop.

I like to show off to her.

"Neighbour and dog. This is the clue." I uttered, though she never asked for a clue.

"Did your neighbor kidnap your dog?" She asked to mock me again.

"Okay! Stop guessing! I will say." I uttered, and it took me some seconds to continue talking. "Hey! Someone from my neighborhood asked my name."

"Okay! Then?" She asked with curiosity.

"That's it. That's the thing." I chuckled.

"Is it worth talking about?" She asked, as it sounded like a trivial thing to her.

"Hey! You didn't get my point. He is interested in me." I muttered.

"Ohoo! Asking for a name equals loving. You are a real genius." She chuckled.

"Not only he asked my name." I said with pride to stop her mocking me.

"What else did he ask for?" She burst out laughing.

"Hey! Stop kidding. He is actually sighting me from his home." I said it with a little giggle.

After hearing that, instead of stopping to tease, she started to tease a lot, and that continued for around 30 minutes.

After a long talk, she finally asked a question that was worth answering. "Okay okay! Only one question needed to be asked." She said in a serious tone and added, "Are you interested in him?"

I giggled at her question and finally said, "Yes!"

"He is interested in you, and that's the reason, right?" She asked because she knew about me.

"Yup! I love people who love me."