Chapter 12

Christo's POV

I went to my training in a confused state. Not only confused but more kind of broken. The heart was aching like it was about to explode. I couldn't handle the flooding emotions as well as the ball that was being thrown at me.

As I was dwelling on the past moment, when my love was staring at my best friend, the ball thrown at my bat hit me on the face. Thank God for the helmet that prevented major injuries.

"Are you alright?" My coach rushed to me to make sure I was still alive.

"Yes, sir." I said it a few seconds later as the ball scrambled my mind and made me go blank for a moment.

"This is not a joke, Chris. Go home and come only if your brain is not occupied with anything other than this stupid bat and ball." My coach yelled at me.

I left the ground, but I couldn't stop my mind from those thoughts and her stare at my friend. For the first time, it took more than five kicks to start my bike.

Something is wrong with me.

As I was driving, I was constantly thinking about the idea of Rohan being the love of Zaara.

Did he know that? Maybe that's why he told me that she's committed. Or is he interested in her?

I couldn't control my thoughts until I almost hit a girl on the turn to my street.

Shiiiii!

I stopped my bike with a sudden brake and rushed to her. She was lying on the road, even though I never hit her.

"Are you okay?" I asked with guilt, as I and my stupid brain are the reason for all this.

"Hmmm!" She nodded and raised her head slowly to see my face.

Her face suddenly lit up, though I am an almost-killer guy for her. She uttered, "Hey! You are my neighbor."

"Oho! I have never met you before." I said it in a low voice, as I was not sure about her or her intentions.

"But I see you daily. You are handsome, so I couldn't resist seeing you." She chuckled.

Ah! What should I say to this?

I remained silent, as I didn't know how to react to her words.

"Hey! I just called you handsome. Do not treat me like a terrifying beast for that compliment." She said it with a constant smile on her face.

"Sorry for the almost-hit that might have terrified you." I said, for which she suddenly replied, "Apologies not accepted." She looked into my eyes and added, "Can I get a cup of coffee as an apology?"

"Ohoo! Okay! Coffee shop?" I asked.

"Nope! Your home. Your handmade coffee." She smirked.

What's she up to?

While I was talking to her, Zaara passed on her dad's bike, seated behind him. I was on Asian squats, talking to the girl sitting casually on the floor, like it was her living room. It might have looked weird, or Zaara might have gotten jealous. No matter what, she stared at us for a moment and sighed before turning away.