Chapter 8

"Youuuuu??"

"What?" I was confused because I was not sure what she was trying to ask.

Is it about my black tuxedo?

I was definitely overdressed because she just wore her pajamas and didn't even care to put makeup on her face. She never did before, but I thought she would be doing it today. But she didn't.

"Nothing." She said it and shifted her attention to the cold coffee in her hands.

I sat opposite her because I was not sure whether she would be okay with sitting next to me. As soon as I sat, the waiter approached us.

Us!

"What do you like to have?" I asked her, but I could sense her answer because she already had a cup of cold coffee in her hands.

"Nothing," she said, and this is the second time she was speaking and the second "nothing" I was hearing from her.

"I will also have cold coffee." I told the waiter and turned my gaze to her. She was indifferent. She didn't react at all. It didn't feel like a date.

She was neither happy nor sad. She was not there at that moment. She kept staring at her phone and her watch, one after another.

Her heart's roaming somewhere, probably at home.

"Hmmmm! Do you wanna ask me something? Or do you wanna say something?" I asked.

"No!" She murmured.

She showed signs of interest even when I was at a distance, but not now. I was right before her, but she didn't even care to look at me.

The waiter brought the cold coffee, and while I was sipping it, I was constantly thinking about how to build a conversation. But she showed clear signs of disinterest, and I didn't want to disturb her.

Finally, when she finished her cold coffee and was about to leave, she asked, "Why did you call me here?"

This is what I wanted. She was finally talking to me, not just replying to my questions. I was on cloud nine. I didn't know when I would get a moment to talk with her if I missed right now.

So I said, "I considered this a date, and I thought that you would do the same."

She didn't say anything at all. She remained silent for a minute. Then two. Then three.

After 5 minutes of silence, she stood up and murmered, "Bye!" and walked away from me.

As she approached close to the door, I was expecting her to turn and look at me at the very least.

But she didn't.