Chapter 14

Christo's POV

"Hey stop! What are you trying to say?" I shouted and followed him, but he didn't mind me at all.

I caught his hands, stopped him from walking away from me, and asked, "Are you interested in her?"

"Yup! Is there anything wrong with it?" He was angry for no reason.

How can he love his friend's lover?

"Don't you have shame?" I chose not to beat him, though I wanted to.

"What you did was shameful, and you have no right to talk like that." He yelled.

"If you have no shame in loving Zaara, I too don't have any shame in what I did with Maya." I told him, clenching my fingers tight to control my anger.

"Heyyyy! Why are you assuming things? I was talking about Maya." Rohan said. 

"Whaattt?" I was confused.

"I love Maya, so stop messing with her." Rohan asserted.

"Zaara?" I asked in confusion.

"It's your issue. I am talking about Maya." He repeated it and made it clear that he was into Maya and not Zaara.

"Then why is Zaara staring at you instead of me?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh! About that. I think she is interested in me, not you." He said it casually, like it was a piece of news that he would skip reading.

I saw that coming.

I remained silent for a moment and tried to talk just as casually as him: "Maya is into me, not you."

"Whatever you were doing back then clearly stated that." He sighed and added, "Stop talking with her, and I will stop talking to Zaara too."

"Nope. Maya told me that she would meet me tomorrow." I smirked.

It was not only to make him mad, but it was also a fact. I can't push people away for no reason.

"About Zaara? Should I talk to her?" He smirked, just like me, to make me tense.

But I was confident.

"She won't talk to you. She is not the kind of woman who will come and talk to you first. You too can never meet her that easily." I said it confidently.

"About the part-time job, I got it, and it was at the same place where she works. So I guess there will be no problem in meeting her or talking to her." He smirked again just to test my anger threshold.

While arguing, Rohan got a call from someone.

His smirk turned into an evil laughter, looking at the phone screen. He tilted his phone to make it visible to me, and the caller is "Zaara."