He was almost at the door, about to try and open it when the door opened itself. Dan froze for a second as an old man stepped in.
“Ah, I see you're up.”

He spoke very differently than Devon did, or anyone else he had heard speaking English. “Let's get you to bed. You need to get your energy back there, lad.” Dan stepped away from him.

“Oh, Dan. My name is Alpha. How rude of me!” The man chuckled, shaking his head. Dan still kept moving away as Alpha tried to ease him in.

“Listen here, Lad. You'll get hurt in that condition. I'll explain everything once you've sat down and relaxed.” The man calmly said.

“Where am I!” Dan held his stomach, trying to hide that he is in pain. “Who are you!” Dan hissed through the pain, hoping on the inside that he had sound angry instead of in pain.

“I'm the Alpha of the Dymas pack. You're safe here!” Alpha slowly made space between him and Dan.
Dan looked at him like he is mad. “As to where you are. This is my safe haven for abused humans. Here we give them new life and teach them more of what Life means and how to live happily.”

Dan crouched over in pain with a grunt. “You poisoned me!” Alpha raised an eyebrow. “Where's Prince Devon!”

“Now, that's just rude and mean of you. I don't use poison. I believe you were given to much of the sedatives.” Alpha frowned, looking down at the wooden oak planks of the floor.
“I'll get you some water!” Alpha turned and left.

Dan tried to go after Alpha, but the pack leader closed the door behind him, locking it in the process. Despite being in pain, Dan yanked and pulled on the handle of the door, but failing.

Sliding down to the floor, he screamed from the pain on his stomach area. He was hungry and thirsty. Though, he didn't want to eat the food.

He was poisoned before with a sedative, using food as means of entering the body. He's not going to let the same happen again. He eyed the bed he woke up in.
It seemed to far to get to. Instead he collapsed to lay on his side. The floor was surprisingly comfortable, maybe it was because of the carpet underneath him.

Not long after, Dan succumbed to the pain and passed out.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Three days had passed since Warrick and Devon had returned. Though, the Royal Highnesses weren't happy, they couldn't do much now about it.

Devon didn't sleep or eat, only occasionally drinking blood that's brought to him, as he explored the woodland surrounditthe castle. “Use the woodlands, they said. It would help with escape, they said.” Devon groaned to himself. “We will be safe they said!”

Underneath his arm, rested a copy of the evidence that were collected. Inside, Devon had the pictures of the slaughtered vampire, the tire tracks and rushed footprints of many sizes.

“Seriously,” Devon turned to see Warrick. “Just let the others figure this out. You have better things to do.”

“I still don't know why you returned from South Africa.”

“Uh, well…that's none of your business.”

“Then stay out of mine. Don't get in my way, Warrick.” Devon treaded deeper into the woods.