Chapter 70: Emir wants Divorce!

Start from the beginning

Now, Emir returned to the Tarhun house and Zehra stopped him, saying, "Emir, I want to talk to you about something important." Emir, replied, "Yes, Mom, tell me." Zehra hesitated before saying, "Emir, I heard that Reyhan has returned, and she is working in our office." Emir said, "Mom, I'm not ready to talk about this now."

Zehra persisted, saying, "But, Emir..." Emir interrupted, "Mom, please. I know what I'm doing." Then he started walking away, intending to avoid the conversation. However, Zehra dropped a bombshell, "Even if I say that she betrayed your trust." Emir, shocked, turned towards her and asked, "Mom, what are you talking about?" Zehra continued, "Yes, Emir. She betrayed you because when Reyhan left, she was pregnant."

Emir's eyes widened in shock, and tears welled up. Zehra continued, "I don't know what happened to the baby after that." Emir, struggling to comprehend the revelation, muttered, "No... she... pregnant?... my baby..." Zehra, trying to console him, said, "Emir, control yourself. Please calm down. I know you're in shock, and I was too. I'm sorry, Emir. I knew it from the start, as my friend also saw Reyhan in a hospital there. But when I got to know that Reyhan has returned, I thought you must know about this. Emir, still in shock, turned in anger and walked out of the house while taking confident steps.

Emir, charged with anger and frustration went to Reyhan's apartment, furiously ringing the doorbell. Pinar opened the door, greeting him with, "Good morning, Emir brother." Emir, not in the mood for pleasantries, demanded, "Where's Reyhan?" Pinar, confused, said, "Reyhan? Yes, come inside."

Emir entered and shouted, "Reyhan... Reyhan!" Pinar directed him, "Here, it's her room." Emir swiftly entered her room and locked it. Reyhan, surprised to see him, said, "Emir..." He was continuously looking at her with anger. Emir stepped close to her and said, "Were you expecting when you left?" Reyhan, shocked and unable to find words, couldn't respond. Emir, raising his voice, shouted, "Tell me, Reyhan, were you pregnant when you left?"

Reyhan, with teary eyes and a heavy heart, finally confessed, "Yes." Emir, shocked to hear that, started pacing anxiously, saying, "My baby... you were carrying my baby at that time." He shouted, "Still, you chose to leave me. You knew... you knew that I would never let you go if I was aware of your pregnancy. Reyhan, how could you keep that hidden from me?"

Reyhan, trying to calm the situation, pleaded, "Emir, please listen to me. Things weren't that simple as they look. Please, Emir, let's talk peacefully about this matter." Emir, overwhelmed with emotions, exclaimed, "Peacefully? You discarded me from being a father. You took that right from me." Wiping his tears, he asked, "Tell me, where's my child? Tell me."

Reyhan, unable to contain her sorrow, started crying bitterly. Emir, desperate for answers, pleaded while sobbing, "Reyhan, please. I'm begging. Tell me what happened to my child Please." He joined his hands in a plea. Reyhan, on seeing Emir's emotional outburst was unable to hold her emotions anymore she gets freezed in that moment and sank down on the floor and exclaimed, "He's no more. Our baby is no more."

Emir, unable to grasp the painful reality, knelt down to Reyhan and exclaimed, "What? No, this can't be true. My baby...my child..." He forcibly held Reyhan's arms and demanded, "What did you do to my child? Tell me!" Reyhan, overwhelmed with grief, continued to cry, unable to find words to explain the tragedy.

Emir, determined to uncover the truth, stood up. He was about to extend his hand to console Reyhan, but suddenly, he had a memory in flashback where Reyhan said, "I don't want to be a mother. I can't take that responsibility now." Emir, fueled by anger, collected his fingers back and angrily accused, "You killed my child. You took my unborn child's life." Reyhan, in shock, looked at him with tear-filled eyes.

Emir, recalling Reyhan's words, continued, "Didn't you say that you don't want to be a mother, you can't take that responsibility when we were discussing Esra's custody. I should have understood then what you were up to. Now I understood that was the reason why you left me. Because you didn't want to be a mother." Emir was disappointed and hurt continued, "You know what? I guessed it very right when I said you don't have any motherly instinct. I was absolutely right then." Emir's anger intensified as he declared, "You don't deserve to experience motherhood in your life because a woman like you will ever be able to understand what it feels to be a parent. What it feels like to love a child. How their little smile can unburden all your pain in a blink. Reyhan, I'm not Esra's real father but I never had a single thought ever that she's not my biological daughter. The relation between a parent and child is so pure.

Emir confronted Reyhan with his harsh voice tone said, "I'm regretting the day I fell in love with a woman like you. You took this marriage only as timepass. You said your love for me was merely an attraction. I was mad that I started trusting you again because I love you so much that whatever wrong you do, or will mock my love for you, I still love you." Then his voice becomes stern and he said, "But now being a father, I would never accept you again in my life. A woman who can deny this beautiful blessing of being a mother because of her own desires and ambitions. That's so shameful."

Despite of Emir's intense accusations, Reyhan, still sitting on the floor, kept looking at him with teary eyes, hurt and emotional. In a broken voice, she pleaded, "Emir... please don't say that. I'm not able to handle that, please."

Emir still fueled by anger and hurt, furiously moved towards her and questioned, "Why? Didn't you think once about me or our baby before leaving? You destroyed me. You destroyed this relationship." He expressed his bitterness, saying, "Oh, sorry, everything was from one side only. Now I don't want to continue your name being taken with me. This time I want a separation.. I want divorce, Reyhan.."