Chapter 49: "Dimples"

In the meeting room, Emir was engrossed in explaining project details to others when his phone rang, displaying a call from "Reyhan ❤️." Despite noticing the call, he was too busy to pick up. Meanwhile, in her room, Reyhan got frustrated and muttered, "What's his problem? At least he can text me that he's busy. He never calls me by himself when he's in office." She took a deep breath and added, "Let him come home. Then I will tell him."

In a quiet location, Selim and Zara stood together. Selim expressed his gratitude, saying, "Zara, thanks for coming. I mean..." Zara interrupted, urging him, "Selim, please call your lawyer. We have been waiting for him for so long." Selim agreed, and just as he was about to dial, the lawyer arrived, greeting them with a hello. The lawyer continued, "I have checked all the case-related documents about Esra's custody, and I found that, Mr. Selim, you have to marry someone."

Selim, taken aback, asked, "What?" The lawyer explained, "Yes, Esra's maternal grandparents filed the case because they're in doubt about Esra's well-being under a single parent." Zara sighed in relief, saying, "Uff, thank God, there's a way. Selim, you should..." Before she could finish, Selim interjected, "That's fine, but I can't marry someone immediately. I mean..." The lawyer clarified, "You don't have to actually marry someone. Just find a girl who can present herself as your wife in court and be a good mother to Esra. After the case ends, you can divorce her. As you informed that Esra's grandparents are staying here for the case after that they will move abroad then who will tell them about your divorce. They won't get to know anything."

Selim, concerned, remarked, "But where will I find that girl who will agree to divorce after the case? I mean, I don't want any more problems." Zara, offering reassurance, replied, "Yes, that's a difficult task, but I think we will find some solution, Selim. Don't worry."

After some time, Selim dropped Zara at a location, and as Zara said bye and moved ahead, Selim couldn't help but watch her. After some distance, Can appeared on the scene. Can and Zara quickly hugged each other, and Can kissed her cheeks. Selim, observing them, grew frustrated and angry. He muttered to himself, "Can, soon I'll throw you out of her life. Not a touch, you won't even have a glimpse of her. She's and will be mine."

Emir returned home and entered the room, saying, " Good evening, my love." Reyhan didn't reply to him. Concerned, Emir asked, "What happened, Reyhan?" She continued looking at him but remained silent. Emir approached her, saying, "Reyhan," and she looked away, avoiding eye contact. Emir expressed, "Reyhan, if you don't talk to me, I will die." Reyhan, alarmed by his words, immediately covered his mouth with her hand and said, "Don't say such things." Emir gazed at her lovingly, and Reyhan, realizing the impact of her gesture, removed her hand.

Emir playfully smiled and said, "Okay, so now tell me what happened?" Reyhan replied, "I don't want to talk to you." Emir asked, "Why?" Reyhan expressed, "Because my husband doesn't care about me. After he goes to the office, he doesn't even have a single thought of his wife. He never calls me by himself when he's in the office." Emir, realizing the complaint, teased, "Oh, it seems your husband is a very stupid idiot who doesn't see that his beautiful wife misses him a lot in his absence." Reyhan blushed and defended, "I don't miss him, but he should actually understand that." Emir gently caressed her cheek with his hand and said, "So have you forgiven your husband now?" Reyhan teasingly replied, "I will think about it." Emir leaned closer and playfully said, "Tell your husband that if he keeps on behaving like this, then I will elope with his wife."

Reyhan blushingly smiled and responded, "Actually, this offer isn't that bad." Emir, looking at her adoringly, said, "Reyhan, your dimples... I just can't stop looking at them when you smile." Reyhan blushed, and Emir continued, "Why do you stop smiling? Keep smiling. Actually, smile only in front of me because these dimples belong to me only." Reyhan blushed even more, her cheeks turning pink. Emir added, "I want to kiss them so that they also know who they belong to."

Emir smiled and gently kissed Reyhan's dimples one by one. Then he smiled and said, "Now I own them." Reyhan blushed at his words and playfully remarked, "Actually, you also have dimples, especially the one on your right cheek." Emir leaned in closer and teasingly asked, "So you want to kiss them?" Reyhan blushed even more and rolled her eyes, saying, "No, but I want to own them." They both kept smiling, enjoying the sweet and affectionate moment between them.

Here, Selim was driving rashly on the road, consumed by anger and frustration. Suddenly, a man unexpectedly appeared in front of his car. Selim slammed on the brakes, and despite Selim's attempts to brake, he couldn't avoid the car colliding with the man. Overwhelmed by fear, hastily backed up his car and fled from the scene.

In their bedroom, Emir's phone rings, breaking the joyful atmosphere. He answers, and his expression quickly changes to shock. He hangs up, staring at the phone in disbelief.

Emir whispered to himself ,"No...no." Reyhan noticed Emir's distress and approached him, her smile fading and asked," Emir, what's wrong?" Emir looks at Reyhan with a trembling voice, struggling to find the right words. Emir continued...