Chapter 44: Reyhan is hurt

Reyhan, unable to look into Emir's eyes, said, "I'm sorry; I misunderstood everything and said such things to you." Emir smiled, held her hand, and said, "You don't have to feel sorry for anything." Mischievously, he added, "It would be better if I could see you in this." Reyhan felt shy, and then Emir said, "Jokes apart, I will return that tomorrow, okay?"

Reyhan quickly said, "No, I mean, if it has already come, then why return it? Let it be. I mean, it won't look good if we return it because it's already unpacked, so... Nobody is going to look at that again; it will remain hidden or maybe unnoticed in some corner." Emir said, "Reyhan, you were uncomfortable with this, and I don't want anything around you that makes you uncomfortable." Reyhan stood with her gaze down.

Emir leaned in, whispered in her ear, and said, "So when are you going to wear this?"

Reyhan moved away and said, "I just told you it will be thrown in some hidden corner, and for your knowledge, I tell you I'm not going to wear it anyway." Emir raised his eyebrows and said, "Okay, but my eyes will still wait." Then Emir's expressions turned serious, and he asked Reyhan, "How's your headache? Are you alright?" Reyhan replied, "I took the medicine in the morning; I'm feeling better." Emir said, "Yes, I checked with Zara about you." Reyhan asked, "The whole day you keep asking Zara about my health?" Emir replied, "Of course, I had to." Reyhan, with soft expressions, said, "Emir, why do you love me this much?" Overwhelmed with happiness she hugged Emir. He smiled and responded, "If I know what love is, it's because of you. So, I did nothing; it's you, not me." Reyhan smiled and lost herself in his warmth and embrace.

Next Day, Emir and Reyhan were getting ready for the magazine launch event. Emir, dressed in a shirt and pants, was setting his hair in front of the mirror. Just then, Reyhan entered in a bathrobe with her wet hair. Emir was captivated by her view and kept looking at her. She stood ahead of Emir and flipped her hair, with the strands brushing over Emir's face. Emir closed his eyes, savoring the moment, and some droplets from her hair landed on his face. Emir intensified the moment by gently sipping on one droplet, and he thought, "It is getting difficult for me to stay away from her. I hope she understands it too."

Then Reyhan turned to Emir, noticing his distracted expression, and asked, "What happened?" Emir, attempting to divert her attractive looks, closed his eyes and replied, "Nothing. I'm leaving early as I have to look into some other work too. You, Zara, and Mom came together, okay?" Reyhan was confused, but before she could say anything, Emir quickly grabbed his overcoat and walked out of the room.

Reyhan entered the event venue, looking super gorgeous in the silver dress chosen by Emir. Her eyes searched for Emir. As she spotted him she saw he was engaged in a conversation with the same model from the photoshoot day. Reyhan, feeling jealous, thought, "She's here again. I know these types of girls very well, as soon as they see a handsome and rich man around they start flirting with them."

Here, The model complimented Emir, saying, "Emir, you're looking so handsome today." Emir, with a polite smile, responded with a simple "Thank you." The model then suggested, "Let's click a picture together." Unable to resist, Emir agreed, and they began posing for a selfie.

Reyhan watched from a distance as Emir posed for a selfie with the model. Unable to contain her feelings, Reyhan approached the pair. Emir and the model turned their attention towards her. Reyhan handed Emir his forgotten tie and said, "You forgot it at home." She shot a pointed look at the model, then turned and gracefully walked away. Emir, still holding the tie, watched Reyhan leave, a mix of emotions crossing his face.

Zara stood, cradling baby Esra in her arms, as Selim approached with a warm smile. His joy was evident as he reached out to Esra, who effortlessly moved into his embrace. Selim planted a kiss on Esra's cheeks, expressing, "I missed you, my little princess." His gaze then shifted to Zara, complimenting her, "You're looking beautiful, Zara."

Zara, with a smile, replied formally, "Thank you, Selim." In the background, Can observed them from a distance, jealousy evident as he clenched his fists in anger.

After some time, Can spotted Zara alone, his gaze filled with a mix of emotions upon seeing her. Approaching her, he questioned, "Zara, why? Why are you doing this?" Zara, with a hand-mixed expression, asked, "What am I doing?" Can, getting closer, pointed out, "Getting close to Selim, taking care of his daughter. What do you think? I'm not aware of anything."

Zara, trying to explain, said, "Can, it's not what you're thinking." Can pressed on, asking, "Zara, tell me honestly. Now, you don't love me, right? That's why you're trying to move on." His words hurt Zara deeply. Can continued, "When you left, I was ready to wait for you for the rest of my life. But now I don't see anything in your eyes when you look at me. I don't feel anything." Zara, teary-eyed, kept looking at him. Just as she was about to speak, Can walked away, leaving a heavy silence between them.

Reyhan sat alone at a table, looking upset and slightly teary-eyed. Emir, observing her from a distance, approached with concern. He noticed her tears and said, "Reyhan, no, no. What happened?" Reyhan looked away, and Emir continued, "Reyhan, why are you minding that model? It was in her contract; that's why was invited here."

Reyhan expressed her feelings, saying, "You were enjoying posing with her." Emir chuckled and reassured her, "Why would I enjoy posing with her? I love posing only with my wife; that's why I chose the magazine cover with you only." Reyhan, touched by his words, smiled slightly and asked, "Really?" Emir affirmed, "Reyhan, you're my one and only. My eyes always carry your reflection. And by the way, someone is looking drop-dead gorgeous today." Reyhan blushed, her gaze dropping with a shy smile.

Emir, with a mischievous smile, handed the tie to Reyhan, saying, "Now you will make me wear it." Reyhan, glancing at the surrounding crowd, hesitated, "Emir, here? I can't. There are so many people around." Emir insisted, "No, you will do it; otherwise, I'm not going to wear it."

Reyhan, giving in, gently lifted his collar and began tying the tie around his neck. Emir watched her with a smile.