𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

[5 months later...]

Christmas was fast approaching and the snow started to fall again on the cold winter night. Y/n had woken up feeling famished and saw the other side of the bed empty again. Her husband went somewhere again without her knowing. It broke her, yes, because she doesn't know where he could always be at this hour and it has been happening almost every night for the past 1 and a half weeks.

She was already in the 6 months of her pregnancy and her appetite has increased ever since she entered the second trimester. And tomorrow was her next appointment in St Mungo's for her monthly check-up. But she felt that Draco would miss this one for sure, now that he had been leaving their bed in the evening.

Sad she felt as she let her feet carry her through the hallway, caressing her womb, on her way to the kitchen to find something to satisfy her hunger. She felt like crying, she felt alone, she felt...

Why does this room have its lights on? She thought, as soon as her eyes laid on the light in the small gap below the slightly closed door. She could hear a man speaking, which she knew was Draco's. So she slowly made her way to the room and opened the door.

There she saw Marigold and Draco, deciding where to place Marigold's old crib and the things Draco had secretly bought.

"What are you—" She shook her head and switched her attention to their little girl. "Lottie, you should be sleeping." Worry was laced in her voice.

"But Mommy, I want to help Daddy build the nursery for my little brother." Their 5-year-old girl replied, leaving Draco and Y/n utterly in awe even though they did not know the gender of the child yet until it was born.

"We should put you back to bed now, darling. It's already midnight and your aunts will be coming here tomorrow." Y/n reached for her daughter's hand and Marigold held it as they walked out of the room with Draco following them.

Pansy and Luna will be coming tomorrow to stay with Marigold since she didn't want to come whilst Draco and she are going to St Mungo's for her monthly check-up. Ginny and Hermione wouldn't be able to come to stay with the little one for a reason. Ginny has to pass her paper concerning a recent issue to the Daily Prophet. Hermione, on the other hand, had to stay home and rest due to being 8 months pregnant with her and Ron's first child, and yes, she was 3 months pregnant at Y/n and Draco's wedding.

They finally reached Marigold's bedroom and tucked her back into bed as Y/n sat down on the side.

"But I still want to help Papa." The little girl gave her mother pleading eyes.

"You can do that tomorrow, darling. For now, you need to rest." The corner of her lips crept up. "Good night, Lottie." She kissed her on the forehead.

"Good night, my sweet girl."Draco also bid goodnight to his child and planted a kiss on her forehead as the little girl yawned and fell asleep, tired from staying up late.

The couple slowly left the room and slowly closed the door, avoiding waking their little girl up. Draco stood there with a smile still on his lips, unaware that his wife, who was still facing the door, was...crying?

"Darling?" His hands found their way to her arms, turning her around to face him then saw her eyes glistening and a tear stain was on her cheeks.

"I thought you left me." She cried yet her voice was still low. "I thought you were leaving me for another woman."

Indeed, it had become a fear, a trauma to her, especially when she was carrying their child for the second time. Draco understood what she felt. He left her for a woman his father had chosen for him before and that created such a big mess in their relationship because if he had not obeyed his father, his father would hurt her. But Draco made a vow to never leave her and will always stay by her side for the rest of his life, for the rest of eternity. Even if they reincarnated many times in this world, he vowed to search for her.

"Darling," A smile that always assures her appeared on his lips. "You know I won't do that."

"I know, but—"

"I understand your fear, love, and I apologize for making you feel that way." He pulled her close and pecked a kiss on her forehead. "But I assure you that you are the only person I love, the person proclaimed as my wife. You're perfect for me, darling." He wiped her tears off her cheeks with his thumb as she nodded in reply, which made Draco's smile grow wide. "Now, to make up for everything, why don't we go down and eat? I know you woke up because you're famished, and your mother delivered a casserole while you were sleeping this afternoon."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco preheated the casserole for his wife earlier as soon as they reached the kitchen. The kitchen was one of the widest rooms in the house, and it was one of Y/n's favourite rooms for the reason that she could bake comfortably in such a wide space.

Their house was bigger than Mrs Bennett's cottage but smaller than the Malfoy Manor. It was made out of bricks and its facade had dry branches, due to the cold season, that crawled up to the wall. But it was surely even more magnificent when the leaves had grown back to their branches.

When the casserole had slightly cooled down, Y/n didn't wait another time to scoop the serving spoon in the casserole and place it on her plate then eat it to her heart's content. It's as if she hadn't eaten a casserole before and in fact, the last she had her mother's casserole was only a week ago. For Y/n, her mother's potato casserole is the best in the world. Mrs Bennett didn't really lie when she told Draco that she always craved casserole during her pregnancy with Marigold.

"Slow down, Darling." He chuckled, wiping off the smudge on the corner of her lips. "You might choke."

"Aren't you hungry?" She asked, offering him the potato casserole.

"I'm alright, darling."

"Suit yourself." She shrugged, placing the plate back on the kitchen island, where they sat. And yes, Draco finds her adorable every time she satisfies herself with food. "By the way, about the nursery for our baby, why didn't you tell me about it?"

He knew the surprise was ruined now so he didn't have a choice but to tell her.

"It was supposed to be a surprise, darling." His eyes were still admiring her while she was eating.

"Oh..." Her voice suddenly went low, disappointed at herself for ruining it. "I'm sorry, Dray." She frowned.

He chuckled and spoke, "You need not apologize, my darling. It's not your fault you found out suddenly if it weren't for me."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞