𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

It has been a week ever since the reunion, and Michael has invited Y/n to Waterlow Park in the Muggle World, where Draco wouldn't be able to spot them, especially when Y/n is bringing her daughter along.

"Mommy, look." Marigold pointed at the squirrel at the tree. "It's a funny-looking squirrel." She giggled.

"Just be careful, darling," Y/n spoke whilst sitting down next to Michael on a wooden bench.

Michael, however, seems to be feeling anxious, trying to practice how to confess his feelings for Y/n inside his mind. It's difficult for him because she always(not literally always) makes him nervous, she always makes his heart pound.

"Mike, are you okay?" Y/n have noticed this, furrowing her eyebrows and placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Ye...yeah," He stuttered. "I'm quite alright."

"You don't seem to look like it."

Michael took a deep breath and let it out to keep himself calm, especially in his mind. He kept on thinking about what might happen after he confessed and it terrifies him to know. Who knows what will happen? Maybe perhaps after he confessed his feelings to her, she might not speak to him anymore or perhaps she'll feel uncomfortable around him.

"Y/n, I—"

"Mommy! Mommy!" Marigold yelled, running towards her mother with her hands closed on each other like there was something inside of her hands. "I caught a butterfly!" Well, there really is.

"Lottie, you must set it free. The little creature might die in your hands." Y/n said, knowing that if the butterfly died in little Marigold's hand, she'll cry.

"But I want to keep it, Mommy." She pouted, looking at her mother with pleading eyes.

"Sweety, you know that butterflies love to wander around." Y/n's voice was sweet and calm, which made Michael's heart melt even more.

"You should listen to your mother, Goldie." Michael smiled at the little girl.

Marigold frowned as she looked down at her clasped hands and it made Y/n's heart clench seeing her frown. She really doesn't want to make her daughter unhappy, but she too can't agree to let Marigold keep the butterfly because the butterfly may die if she kept it away from wandering around.

"Do you want me to buy you a chocolate frog on our way back?" Michael smiled, causing the little girl's eyes to gleam in excitement.

Y/n was thankful for Michael to bring that up, especially when they both knew that the blonde girl is always fond of sweets. She loves the sweet taste of these sweets to be placed on her tongue, savouring every taste of them.

"Really?" Marigold exclaimed, letting the butterfly go without her realizing that it flew away from her. "Mommy, I'm getting chocolate frogs!"

"Michael, you're spoiling her," Y/n uttered with worry laced in her voice even though she's thankful that Michael changed the subject. "She may get sugar rus-"

"Yey! I'm getting chocolate!" Marigold effused more.

Michael chuckled and looked at Y/n, "You need not worry, I'll only get her 2 chocolates."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Michael took the girls back to their home after buying Marigold chocolate frogs from Diagon Alley. They were both lucky that Draco was nowhere to be seen in there because if Draco would be there, he would've spotted them and would ask questions about why Marigold was with Y/n.

"Nonna! I got chocolates from Uncle Michael." Marigold ran to her grandmother, who had just opened the door to see them.

"That's wonderful dearest." Mrs Bennet said gleefully, kneeling down to meet her granddaughter's height. "Did you say thank you?"

"Mhm," She hummed, nodding at her grandmother.

Y/n, on the other hand, watched them from a bit afar whilst standing beside Michael, who seems to be mesmerized by her smile. A smile that could create sunshine in the dark. So, he didn't wonder why Draco had fallen for her in their school years, for he too had fallen for her up to this day.

But then, he remembered that he was supposed to confess to her today. He swore earlier this morning, after he woke up, that this day is the perfect day for him to confess to her what he feels towards her. However, right now, he's contemplating ...again.

"By the way," Y/n turned her eyes to face him. "Earlier at the park, I figured that you wanted to talk about something with me. Why don't you tell me inside while I bring us some tea?" She beckoned her hand at their house.

"N..No," He stuttered. Her, bringing that up made him nervous, for he thought Y/n wouldn't bring that up.

"Oh, maybe another time then?" She smiled softly at him.

"No, no, no, that's not what I meant." Then, he sighed, trying to make himself calm down. "What I meant is we don't need to talk about it inside."

"Whatever do you mean?" She tilted her head slightly to the side as he looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Well, the thing is..." He pressed his lips, contemplating again whether he should confess or not.

"Michael, you know it's alright tell me when you're-"

"I like to ask if you would like to marry me..." He blurted.

He didn't expect that to come out of his mouth. He wasn't thinking straight when he said that. The plan was supposed to be to confess his feelings first and then ask her if he could marry her, but it went on another way around.

"Michael, I— You—"

Michael knew that at this very moment, he shouldn't tell her about his feelings for her because from the looks of it, she looked surprised about what he had just said. So, what he's going to tell her now is the other reason why he wanted to marry her, not because of his feelings. He plans on telling her when he's ready.

"Look, I know you're surprised by it but please just hear me out," Michael told.

Y/n took a few deep breaths, calming herself down from Michael's sudden proposal, while nodding at Michael.

"I want to marry you because I want to take responsibility for you and Marigold, and I know that Marigold will need a father who will guide her." He stated.

However, Y/n seems to be unsure about it because she knew that she can't marry a man who she has no feelings for and she knew that she didn't want to lock Michael into this marriage when she knew that he too has no feelings for her. (Well, she doesn't know yet.)

"You pity me because of Draco, aren't you?" She spoke in a low voice, her eyes staring down at the ground.

It was true that Michael pities them because of the fact that Marigold is Draco's child, and he knew that Draco couldn't take responsibility for them because he doesn't know that he has a child with his former beloved.

"Michael, you know that I can take care of her. I earn well at the café and the money is enough for me to provide for her." She smiled slightly, looking up at his tall figured friend.

A sigh left his mouth then smiled, "I understand..."