𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco couldn't seem to get a wink as midnight struck the clock. Hearing his mother tell him about Y/n's and Michael's engagement crushed his heart. He then knew that he still had feelings for her, despite the years that had passed between them. Because of their engagement, he realized that he still loved her. However, he still questions if "does he love her like before?"

But of course, he knew for a fact that he didn't deserve her, especially when he broke her heart five years ago without even explaining to her the reason why he had done it.

Yes, it has been five years since they broke up in the month of June, and today is the same day that happened, June 24th. On every 23rd of June, he would always stay up all night to meet the 24th of June, reminiscing everything they had shared together, but he chose to end such beautiful memories. He ended those good memories they had without telling her any reason why. He felt like he was a villain if ever they were inside of a book. He felt like if they get back together, he'll break her heart again and he doesn't want that. So, that is why he accepted his own defeat and that she deserves a man like Michael.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Mommy!"

Y/n's head flinched as soon as she heard her daughter's cry and saw her running towards her coming from the garden. Her eyes were red even her nose too, and her cheeks were stained with tears like waterfalls.

"Sweety, what happened?" Y/n rushed to her and wiped off the tears on her cheeks.

"A bird ate my watermelon, mommy," She sobbed. "And it bit my finger." She showed her mother her index finger, which was red from being bitten by the bird.

Y/n's brows curled, knowing that she couldn't do anything to remove the pain immediately, but she did know how to make her daughter feel better. So, she looked at her daughter with a gentle smile on her lips and placed a soft kiss on her daughter's finger. This would always work whenever Marigold got hurt.

"Feeling better?" Her mother smiled, happy that Marigold already had this sweet and innocent smile on her lips.

"Mhm." She nodded, tear stains were still on her cheeks and even her nose was still red.

"Come here," Y/n placed her hands in both Marigold's underarms and carried her, making her sit on her hips as she wiped off her tears and runny nose. "I'll get you a new watermelon."

And of course, Marigold clapped in excitement, forgetting that her finger was still hurt from getting bitten by the bird.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎