⌗ VIII. 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 ;;

🗝️⋆。𖦹°‧★⊹˚˙ෆ

---------------------------------------------------------

PLOPPING DOWN ONTO THE nearest bench, you heaved in a big breath of air as you took this opportunity by yourself to reflect on what happend earlier. What you did wasn't special or anything at all, you've pulled moves like that plentiful of times - you didn't understand why you had been praised for a simple play like that, not like you guys won either..

You felt a solid object poke your shoulder a couple of times, expecting it was Meguru; you immediately turned around only to find Isagi staring down at you, holding out your bottle in his hand. "Here." He mutters with a small smile. You freeze for a split second, flabbergasted from the random act of kindness. You couldn't help but scrunch your eyebrows together, puzzled by Isagi's caring gesture - even if he was merely handing over your water bottle to you.

"U-uh.. thanks." You nod your head in appreciation, quickly taking your bottle from his hands, promptly glancing away from the taller boy. You internally curse yourself out for being so.. unsociable and awkward. You wished you could have Meguru's friendly and outgoing personality so people would talk to you more. You didn't like looking unapproachable.

"I think having Isagi as our centerforward was a mistake ! Next game we should have me at the very top of the lineup !" Your attention was grabbed by Raichi's complaints once again, this guy always seemed to be rowdy about something at all times.

Others started joining in the commotion, declaring they'll be the forwards instead next game. Quickly, you were growing tired of the bickering - feeling too overstimulated by the noise pollution. Thankfully, Kuon was quick to end the argument, shutting everyone up to pull them back to reality with his next words.

"Enough already, all of you ! Cut it out !" He looked panicked, which was understandable really. "Do you get how dicey our situation is right now..?!" Of course, your team had already gain one loss, but it seems like the others were too stupid to understand that.

"Five teams play in a round robin tourney. Only the top two will move onto the next round." You already knew that, he didn't need to spell it out for all of you. "Supposing that all teams are about equal and manage two wins and losses, the max number of points they'll have is six." Nodding your head in acknowledgement, you decide to hear him out.

"Therefore, we shouldn't aim for those six points, but instead go for seven !" Well, yeah, obviously ? If we want to guarantee survival, clearly we should aim for the maximum points we can earn. "Team Z is on the verge of elimination. If we lose again, we're all finished." Kuon seemed to be getting more frantic by the minute. "This isn't the time to be thinking of ourselves - if we don't focus on what we can do to win, it's over..!!"

You hummed softly, agreeing with the brunettes statement. Finally someone with a sense of logic. The atmosphere was tensed as it should be, the high possibility of getting kicked out dawning on each and everyone. Until a certain monk decided to be a smartass and open his stinky mouth.