Part 9: Another Party

Jackson's POV

Once I wake up, I looked around and found myself in my room. What happened yesterday? My mind went blank. When Kai hears me moving around she opens my door and jumps on my bed.

"Get off, my head hurts" I say in a serious tone.

"But we need to get to schoooollll" She responds.

"Fine, just get me some water and I'll be okay." She nods and goes to the kitchen to get what I asked for.

When she comes back, I down the water in one go, I get up and get ready.

I quickly change into some normal clothes and go to school with Kai. Her excitement is a bit weird but I ignore it. During the ride, she stays silent so I don't try to make a conversation.

Once we arrive, we get out and Kai rapidly closes the door, and runs inside. I guess I'm not gonna get a 'bye, have a good day at school.'

As I enter the building, Jay approaches me.

"Hey bro, you good?" He asks.

"Yeah, but weirdly I can't remember anything that happened yesterday. Anyways, where's Dan?" I explain then ask.

"He said he was going to take the day off school"

"Hm, he barely misses school."

"I know. Something is wrong."

"I've noticed Kai was silent. She always says something during the ride to school"

"Do you think maybe something has happened between them?"

"Maybe.. I'll try talk to her"

"Okay then, by the way there's a party tonight, bring whoever you want." Jay changes the subject.

"Alright thanks."

The first person that popped into my mind was Z.

~ Once Jack found Kai ~

"There you are" I said out of breath.

"Hm?" She responded.

"Is everything alright?" Z asked.

"Yeah.. is uh.. everything okay between you and Dan?"

"It's none of your business Jack, leave me alone." Kai said angrily and stomped towards the school's exit.

I guess that gives me my answer. But what happened between them? I have to find out.

"Have you got any plans today?" I asked Z.

"No, why?" She said in return.

"Maybe you could come with me to a party? Jay said I can bring someone else"

"Alright.. but drinks are on you" she winked.

"Fine. Let's go home now"

And she nodded.

~ 30 mins before the party starts ~

"Are you ready?" I shout across the house so that Z can hear.

"Nearly! 5 more minutes" She shouted back.

I rolled my eyes. She said that 5 minutes ago.

Z finally came out of her room. Wow. I'm glad I gave her that extra 5 minutes because I can't explain how beautiful she looked. The dress hugging her body tightly, showing off her perfect curves and that makeup.. let me not get started.

"Damn." My mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe my own eyes.

"Thank you for the compliment" she answered after I finished staring.

"Sorry, I meant you look stunning."

She smiled. I made her smile. It was one of the best moments of my entire life.

I held my hand out. "Shall we finally leave the house and go have an amazing night in eachother's company?"

Z immediately nodded. "Yes! Yes!! Let's go! I can't wait!"

"Alright, alright." I responded. "Kai! We're going out, I left some money on the kitchen counter so you can order yourself something if you're hungry." I shouted and closed the front door after us.

The drive was the same as always. No traffic. Peace and quiet. That was until we reached the club. There was loads of people outside waiting to enter.

We approached the bodyguard. He looked at us straight away. "Name?"

"Jackson Ross"

"Hmm.." he searched his list for my name, then looked up and nodded signalling permission to enter.

"Woah.. tonight will be a lot of fun" Z shouted over the loud music.

"Yeah, let's find Jay" I shouted back.

As I spotted Jay sitting down with Vee, I told Z to follow me so she grabbed my bicep and pushed through the crowd with me.

"Yo Jack and Z" Jay stood up from his table.

"Hey Jay" me and Z said in unison.

"Z?" Vee looked shocked.

"Vee?" Z responded

"I've missed you so much!" Vee smiled.

"Oh my god, me too! Where have you been?"

"Spain, America, France, lots of places recently. Mafia life, you know?"

"Mhmm.. let's get a drink and catch up by the bar!"

"Sure! Let's go!" And they went off. Me and Jay started talking about something that I didn't pay attention to because I kept seeing a guy looking at my girl.

Nothing made me angrier than him trying to approach Z and even starting a conversation with her. She kept laughing. My blood boiled and my jaw clenched. He's dead.

Maybe it was the many drinks I had but even if I was drunk I had to protect her.

"Jay, let's get that guy away from Z" I interrupted his little speech.

"Aight, I'm behind you"

We trudged towards them and as soon as the guy's face was in my reach I used my chance and punched him right in the face.

He covered it. "What the fuck, man?"

"Back off of my girl" I shouted at him and pushed him into the crowd.

"Jack! What are you doing? We need to get you home, you've had too many drinks."

"And you haven't?"

"I didn't even get a chance to order one since me and Vee did so much catching up."

"My left pocket" I said, she immediately put her smooth fingers into my left pocket and grabbed the car keys out of it. Damn, the feeling was so good.

We drove home and nothing happened. She didn't even say one word. I was worried.

Before I could say something, Z started.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.

"Well, did I do something wrong?"

"I have a boyfriend for crying out loud."

"Yeah, did you forget he slapped you?"

"Its not a big deal, Jack."

"It is! How could you just not care? Do you want to stay with him for the rest of your life getting beaten up?"

She sighed, took a moment to think and turned to me.

"No, Jack. I don't want to stay with him, but I can't do anything about it. His dad is the mayor, how can I ever escape that?"

"I-i don't know."

She didn't say anything else during the drive home.