Chapter 8 Mommy

I woke up groggy and confused, I dreamed I was in a crib, but it wasn't a dream. The overhead lights were off but there was a window with curtains and a warm glowing light outside. I was still in the ruffled girls nightgown, still in an adult sized baby diaper, and I still had baby booties on my feet and thick mittens on my hands. In the crib next time me Daktoa was sitting up leaning against the crib bumper with a pacifier in his mouth and looking at me. Between the exact replica of an infant's "Little Mermaid" onesie that was swollen out around the front from a wet diaper that he was wearing and the fact he was clutching a stuffed elephant, he looked incredibly cute and innocent. "Where are we?" I asked but the boy did not answer me and just continued sucking.

"Why won't you answer me?" I said.

Eventually he pulled out the pacifier and said, "We in da nursery," in babytalk.

"Are we still in the facility is that outside?" I asked, pointing at the window.

"Dun know," the boy shrugged.

"Why are you talking like that?" I asked.

"Because, don't want to get in trouble," Dakota said and looked down.

"There's no one here, what are you talking about," I said.

Dakota looked around the room, "Are you sure?" he asked and pointed at a baby monitor sitting on top of a chest of drawers. He crawled to the very edge of his crib and motioned me to do the same. "We have to whisper, they can hear everything, OK?" he said in a normal voice.

"Yeah OK," I said.

"How long have I been gone?" Dakota asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe 3 weeks," I said.

"Oh, wow, I thought it had been longer," he said.

"What the heck is going on here?" I asked. Dakota laughed. "What?" I asked.

"You can't cuss, you can't say anything inappropriate now," he said.

"You're full of poop, I can say what the heck I want," I said and then stopped in confusion. "Fart, fun, funkle, fup," Oh my God, you're right, I can't say it.

"I can't either, but anyway they told me I was going to prison since I couldn't handle the program, but I was immobilized, drugged and woke up here. There was only one other crib with Kylie and she was..." Dakota scrunched up his face for a moment and I could see him tense up a second and then relax. "She was barely able to hold a conversation, now she's even worse." Dakota continued.

"Did you just poop?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, I guess so, sorry, but get used to it, smells poopy in here alot." Dakota answered.

I sniffed the air and noticed there was an interesting combination of smells, baby powder, fresh sheets, but also a slight stink of poop, which I assume would get much worse. There was no doubt that Kylie and I would both be in messy diapers at some point but I had experienced that in the infirmary, at least it wouldn't be a shock. "So, OK, we're in a nursery, being treated like babies. Is there any way out of here?" I asked.

"No, Mommy is very strong, and the other Mommies are too, and I can't really walk anymore, and listen just..." There was a noise at the door, Dakota quickly put his pacifier in, laid down and closed his eyes. The door opened and the woman from last night entered. She was wearing a very old fashioned dress, with a long wide skirt down to the ankles, a tight belt around her waist and a button up front that went high up her neck.

"Good morning little ones, who's ready for a change?" she said.

I stood back up and realized I was still a bit shaky on my feet and grabbed the crib rail. "Hey, what's going on? Why am I here?" I asked.