Oh mum chapter 24

Saturday April 22 2022

It was early that morning and Jimmy did the work for the morning, Monica Vokasovich is awake, as her bodyclock always was, so mum needs to get used yo this or I'll go crazy!

"Hey wait honey where you going?
"I just wanted to go to Howell's I'll be back, please mum,"

"Can't Emily come with you,"

All of a sudden this felt like a damn freaking prison camp, I sighed and went back upstairs, "I wish I just got arrested, are you just going to keep being like this, I haven't had air in days, mum, days, oh I hate you,"

"Monica please stop I panicked,"

Dad was better with communicating, so he came in, "hey sweetheart, she's been crying for days, she's just worried okay,"

I looked at my dads puppy dog face and his fluffy beard,"you been oiling Mr bushy, and why were you whispering haha,"
"Mummy sensitivity issues shhh,"

"Dad can I go to Howell's please,"

"Sure and I got you a new bike,"

"manz Slaughter,"

"What you don't like it,"

Dad scratched his head,
"Bushy I love it thank you, where is it?"

"There in the garden,"

I looked at my new bike and was grateful....

I immediately put my helmet on and rode off to Howell's...
It's like I went on vacation or something.
They didn't realise I was right here in the damn neighbourhood, "hey Monica," said Mr Briaut, "oh wow it's Monica Vokasovich ladies and gentlemen,"

"Haha Steve Hicklewits, like my new bike,"

"Sure do and you deserve it,"

"Thanks I better go my mum keeps worrying."

"She'll come around,"

"I doubt it she was scared to even let me come to Howell's,"

"Oh I see, it'll be okay,"

"Thanks, Ryan."

Ryan watched Monica with fascination as I rode off...

I didn't notice him though...

"Hey there,"

"Monica, Monica, you're alive, oh ladies and gentlemen, it's Miss Vokasovich,"

"Jeezh, stop embarrassing me, haha,"

"You're an asset to this community, you hustler,"

"I'm 13,"

"So what!"

"So it means you get to give me free cake because nobody saved me a slice,"

"Oh, for you, I got your favourite thing ever, chocolate fudge brownies,"

"Thanks, I'll see you when I do my rounds and toss me a powdered donut, please,"

"Haha, enjoy your weekend, Monica,"

"You too, sir, now see ya,"

I got back home as fast as my pedals could carry me, but it was not long for mum to start getting all hysterical and weird.

"Mum, can you stop overreacting and crying with joy? I'm fine. Besides, just because I've one enemy don't mean I have a hundred."

"You don't know she could turn people against you, I'm worried."

I sat down, grabbed a coffee from the machine, and shared brownies with Emily.

"Where's mine; you greedy cow,"

"I've got something better for you,"

I grabbed my mum and hugged her really tight, and then told her I'd be hanging out with Aunt Louise.

It reassured her and Aunt Louise smiled at her.

Louise and I first went to the carwash, and her and Mike seemed to really hit it off, I missed a lot being stuck in that stuffy attic.
Aunt Louise wasn't like mum she didn't keep getting over paranoid and anxious if I'm out of her sight.
She seemed to find it quite enlightening watching me clean the buses, I did them so fast that Mike had to make a call, and more coaches came in, I did them all...
I had pizza, water, and some cake, and it was almost sundown, and Aunt Louise let me blast a few more cars.

Mike gave me 1000$ for all the hard work I'd done.
I went to Jimmy's to pay him back for all he did for me.
"No, I felt bad, and I thought you ran away because of me, I couldn't take it,"

"Okay, either I shove it up your ass, but I can't look at it because my sister will have my guts for garters, or you take it, and we never fight again."

"Ahhh, come here. I missed you so bad,"

"Mike said you could have a day off, huh?"

"Yeah, I went to the gym and stuff you know,"

"Cool, want to come round for dinner," Aunt Louise already seemed to know him!

It's weird what happens in a few days.
So that night, my mum fussed a little, but Aunt Louise sorted her!

I ran up to shower, dried my hair, and got into lounge wear, and we all had mums famous chicken soup, which I loved.

Mum baked gingerbread, which I adored with her spicy tea.
Aunt Louise and I slept on the sofa bed, and I told her the crazy things that happened this past month.

"Look, April is almost over, and enjoy summer; yes your mum's going to be weird so if it comes to it why not all come over to mine, I just got a new outdoor pool fitted.

"No way,"
Emily's face lit up and her mouth was open and her eyes widened making Aunt Louise laugh.

"Haha yes Snapchat Queen you can give everyone the grand tour,"

Emily liked the sound of that!

I hadn't a clue what the police were doing so we just had to wait...
Meanwhile Aunt Louise was quite smiley tucked up in bed.