THIRTY-NINE

Benjamin had picked up a thing or two after being with Marcus and Emma for so long. When he couldn't speak and had to be quiet, he observed the two's reactions instead and was quick to notice their frustrations and actions more than others. He didn't like it, but what else could he do?

Due to Benjamin having a new group of friends, many "friends", he hasn't averted his gaze when speaking to others all that much. And it seems that the demons genuinely like hearing him talk. It was strange to get used to at first, but Benjamin eventually lowered his guard and felt pretty happy having conversations with everyone.

Though he started observing again. Was sort of cautious actually.

All because of Lucifer's... clingy nature.

Lucifer had always been kind to Benjamin, and he laments on how he doesn't spend enough time with him either. After their outing, Benjamin felt as if they've grown closer.

Yet, his show of affection was more than a drastic change. Lucifer was open to showing his favoritism to Benjamin and doted on him quite often, but he keeps sticking to Benjamin now without any reason or proper excuse. Not that he had to have one since they were great friends, but Lucifer always had a reason why.

He just does it now.

Benjamin felt a little weird about it, but the feeling quickly washed away when he thought of Lucifer just missing him more. It's understandable. There were times when Benjamin couldn't go down to Hell and see anyone since he was busy trying to study and all. Practically crammed in information after information to where it gave him headaches.

So, coming down to Lucifer with pearly white smiles and affectionate hugs made Benjamin feel a lot better. He doesn't know what brought about the change, but he doesn't mind. He's embraced it and was really fond in return which seems to elate Lucifer.

Yet, his elation turned into something overbearing and demanding. There were times when Benjamin couldn't properly have a conversation with Lucifer since he had so many things on his plate which made Lucifer fussy in return.

Of course, Benjamin thought it'd eventually settle down.

It didn't.

In fact, Lucifer had even showed up on mortal grounds once again, budging his way into the group date which consisted of the Great Lords of Hell and Benjamin.

Lucifuge Rofocale, holding Benjamin's waist in one hand and a cone of ice cream in the other, gave their master a questioning look when Lucifer stuttered out a meek excuse as to why he's even here.

"You know I can't help it, right?" Lucifer tries for a laugh. "I-I just missed you. That's all."

Benjamin grins. "I missed you, too! But you didn't have to just show up, you could've told us. It's nice having a large group once in a while."

Agaliarept takes one small look over Lucifer. Satanachia does the same. The devil nervously shies his gaze away from them and fidgets around once more.

Fucking coward.

Agaliarept turns away, ignoring his presence and strikes up a conversation with Benjamin, smiling widely and telling the human just how excited he was to visit this so-called "carnival" Benjamin had ranted on and on about in the city.

It took them some time to get there since most of the group ended up getting into arguments with each other. Thankfully, no accidents happened since Agaliarept was pretty calm about driving. It's weird, honestly, having to be in a large group date with demons Benjamin didn't know that well.

Yet, they treat him nicely. Benjamin thinks that's what matters more.

He had a good time as well. He's never been to a carnival before, so he was immediately fascinated with what was in front of him.