Unexpected Wind

IMPURE, By LUNARWRIGHTES
-- CHAPTER 30: Unexpected Wind --

It's been a tough night

"When will you leave?

"Probably by tomorrow love"

They were in their bedroom, it was dark outside and Jeonghan called them to join for dinner twice already but they couldn't leave. Wonwoo was worried and nervous, he had many questions and Mingyu just wanted to make sure everything is okay with him before he left ... he had to leave or else who knows what could happen

"Mingyu I'm ..." Wonwoo sighed "I'm worried ... what will you be doing all alone? Let me come with you, I'm sure we will figure it out"

Mingyu had this soft sad look taking Wonwoo by the hand and sitting both of them on the bed "Baby, I love you ... I can't risk hurting you, I won't be myself and I'll be looking for you, I'll be rough and I don't want you to see me like that"

"How do I make sure you're okay? You'll be all alone during this ... rut" ... "Can someone go with you at least?"

Mingyu shook his head, "I'll be just fine I promise" ... "Why are you crying again Won? I hate it when you cry" he reached his hand to wipe away the tears that fell off Wonwoo's cheeks "Wolfie hates it when you cry too"
Mingyu pulled Wonwoo closer in his arms, breathed in his scent deeply, it wasn't going to be easy and Wonwoo was right to be this worried. Mingyu will be fighting himself as his sole enemy, he loved Wonwoo deeply to hurt him in any way, and they weren't ready for any intimate physical contact but Mingyu was ready to take the fall for both of them. It was okay, as long as Wonwoo was safe.

"You'll be just fine here with everyone, I'll ask Minghao to keep you company all the time"

Wonwoo sniffed his tears and let himself being engulfed into Mingyu's strong arms "I'm not worried about myself, Min"

Mingyu chuckled "And I'm not worried about myself either baby, remember I'm your strong wolf right?"
Mingyu could feel him nodding by his shoulder "Yeah, we will be okay baby" he leaned to place soft kissed over Wonwoo's collarbone hoping that it would calm him down for now.
Wonwoo sighed and wouldn't let go, wrapping his arms around Mingyu like there no tomorrow.

—————
Needless to say that the night passed rather too quickly, much to Wonwoo's discomfort. He helped him pack a little with nothing but Mingyu's safety in mind. Watching Mingyu leave felt like ripping his own heart  out and stepping on it and even with Jeonghan and Minghao by his side, Wonwoo felt like throwing up.

Jihoon smiled trying to reassure him seeing just how nervous he was
"He'll be just fine ... Alphas are like that sometimes, can't live with them and can't live without them" he reached to pat Wonwoo's shoulder "He'll be fine don't worry"

Wonwoo nodded, all the kisses and hugs he got from Mingyu last night didn't make this moment any easier. They talked all night and Mingyu tried to reassure him as much as he could. For a while, he was convinced that everything is going be okay but standing here, now, seeing him drive away, was as if nothing of that mattered.

Wonwoo soon went back to their bedroom, Minghao kept him company for a bit but he soon said he was tired and wanted to sleep. He ended up skipping breakfast and lunch, and it was only later that afternoon that Joshua pulled him outside to the living room to talk