Wall of Bricks I

IMPURE, By LUNARWRIGHTES
-- CHAPTER 6: Wall of Bricks I  --

Trigger warning:
Mention of violence, blood, murder, suicide. Please don't read if you're uncomfortable with such scenes

Playlist Suggestion:
Loreen- Tattoo
John legend - Minefields

*A long 3 chapter dedicated for Jeonghan and Scoups background introduction #Seungcheol #JeongCheol

—————
Jeonghan squirmed a little in Scoups embrace before he opened his eyes, he loved the familiarity he found in his mate through the years no matter how bad things were.
He picked his head up a little feeling Scoups gently stroking his back. He was awake and most probably didn't get any sleep at all.

"I can almost smell the steam coming out from your brain" Jeonghan jokingly muttered, voice sleepy and eyes still closed making Scoups scoff and chuckle at the same time

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine" ... "How about the kids?"

"Last time I checked, the wind-chimes didn't make any noises"

Jeonghan laughed softly at the description his mate chose for the situation at hands but didn't say anything, he was too cozy and snuggly in their blankets, breathing into Scoups scent to be bothered by anything else right now

"It's funny" Scoups said rather sad and disappointed "One little human comes along and all our insecurities flushes out the door" Scoups had his head wondering around for a while before Jeonghan woke up, memories from their past came rushing back to him like a violent river on a stormy night.
Jeonghan sat up, breaking the warmth they shared, he gazed into Scoups face "It'll be over soon" he tried to coax his mate, "Once he wakes up, we can just ..." but he was out of words, Scoups waited for him to finish but Jeonghan's expressions changed to a rather anxious one. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what would happen next.

Scoups hand found it's way to lovingly caress Jeonghan's cheek

"It's too complicated and you know it" Scoups voice was calm yet serious

"We have Mingyu and this so-called connection not to mention his Spirit, Joshua is terrified by the mere idea of having a human in our home, Hoshi and Woozi are struggling with their relationship"

He sighed deeply, frustration building piles upon piles inside of him

"I know" Jeonghan's honey like voice made it better, his gentle fingers against his ribs rubbing soothing patterns, his scent suddenly calming him down, his spirit was acting up "The last thing we need is a Human pointing fingers at us again"

"No" Scoups closed his eyes trying to shake the memories away "No it won't happen again" ... "I will never let that happen again"

—————
Let's imagine it this way:

Their lives is like a huge brick wall.

Little red blocks forming a high, mighty and thick wall. Behind it, they hid their lives, buried their stories and formed their inseparable Pack.
To take a look behind that wall, it was almost impossible to remove the bricks, to find a small hole where the sunlight broke though, and it was even harder to reach out to peek and take a look inside.
Their stories defined every and each one of them, their experiences are what made them who they are today, and they explain their actions more than anything else.