Game of Mercy

“Thanks again for the directions,” the woman says, her hands lingering on your forearm with a bright smile that borders on being flirty. You smile and nod politely before stepping away to the café just across the street. As you open the door, you are greeted by the comforting aroma of coffee and chocolate, the bitterness mixing with the sweetness. A small wave catches your attention. Alex smiles when you finally spot her at your usual booth. You make your way over and sit down next to her, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

“Hi, darling. How are you?” you ask, shrugging out of your jacket. She shrugs, sipping her drink. Confused, you raise an eyebrow. “Darling, what’s wrong?” She stares into the brown liquid gently swaying in her cup.

“Nothing, I’m fine,” she says, finally. You tilt your head to the side, unsure of her behaviour.

“Alex…”

“I saw that woman stop you on the street.” Her voice is flat, and she keeps her eyes on her mug. You wait, knowing she’s not finished. “She could have picked anyone that passed her, but she chose you. She wanted to flirt with you. And you let her.”

“I was just being nice, darling.” She bites her lip, a slight redness rising in her cheeks. She’s upset but is trying not to show it. You try not to smirk as you realize that Alex Danvers is jealous. “There’s no one I’d rather be with than you, darling,” you say, resting your hand over hers, still gripping her mug.

“You didn’t have to smile at her like that.”

“Like what?” She shoots you a glare.

“Don’t act like you don’t know. The one – ” She stops suddenly, looking out the window. You start using your thumb to rub circles on the back of her hand.

“Darling…” you start, waiting for her to look at you. “Look at me, please.” She finally relents, her eyes dark and fiery. “You know I love you and only you, right?” She lets out a small sigh and nods. “Say it, darling.”

“Yes, I know. I-I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay to be jealous, darling,” you tease lightly, your fingers trailing softly up and down her arm.

“I’m not jealous,” she states defensively. She crosses her arms and glares at you again, but you can see the playfulness in her eyes.

“Pfft, don’t deny it, love.” She rolls her eyes. You lean close, your lips ghosting along her ear. “Plus, you’re mine.” You catch her trying to suppress the shiver that runs down her spine. You pull back, calmly grab your drink and take a sip. Suddenly, Alex shifts out of the booth, taking both drinks to the counter. You watch the barista pour them into to-go cups before handing them back to Alex. You smirk, knowingly.

Back at your apartment, the drinks are left forgotten on the kitchen counter as Alex quickly removes her boots and jacket. You watch carefully, casually leaning against the counter.

“Y/N…,” she whines, finally noticing that you haven’t moved.

“Yes, darling? What would you like?” Her lips press into a thin line, but her eyes remain playful. “You know how to ask for what you want.”

“Please, Y/N. I need you.” You pretend to contemplate for a moment, watching her squirm under your gaze. Her fingers anxiously play with the edge of her tank top and her teeth grip her bottom lip like it’s their lifeline.

“Hmm, I don’t know, Alex. On one hand, you’re barely asking for what you want. On the other, you’ve been so naughty.” You casually bend down to undo the zippers on your boots before slipping them off. She watches you, waiting for your next move. An idea pops into your head and you smirk. “Do you remember the game, Mercy? The one you used to play with Kara that you told me about.” Her face scrunches up in slight confusion.