Chapter 24: Leo's POV

I've just gotta say one thing: I wanted Magnus' disco sword to be my best friend. I was itching to get my hands on him, see what gears made him turn. I mean, there's got to be at least some mechanical property to him, right? I felt like there had to be. Was there a speaker that enabled him to sing and talk? I had to know.

Sorry, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm supposed to be talking about right now. (Or does it?)

After the battle ceased and I helped clean up as much as I could, I walked around Camp alone, trying to find Calypso. I really wanted to tell her about what happened with me and Piper, which surprised me. Normally, I wouldn't tell anyone - I would just fix the problem myself. But this was a rare time when I yearned to rely on someone. I located her leaning against a tree on the edge of the woods, with her eyes closed. She seemed to be enjoying the nature of the forest.

"Cal!" I said, grabbing her attention.

She smiled, patting the ground next to her. "Hey, Leo."

I sat down nimbly, breathing in the sweet air. Calypso smelled like strawberries. Me? I probably smelled like fire or grease. Not a terrible scent, I guess.

"What's up?" She asked.

I laughed bitterly. "Besides almost dying as of a few hours ago?"

Her eyes softened. "Do you have something you want to say to me?"

I looked down, and took a shuddering breath. "Uh... yeah."

I explained what had happened yesterday. I started tearing up in the middle of my story, and my voice became nasally with snot.

I want my best friend back, I thought.

Cal wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. That sobered me up just enough to melt all over again.

"Thanks for telling me," she whispered. I said nothing, just sitting in her warm embrace.

Just then, a conch shell blew, signifying something important was happening. I tried to ignore my aching heart.

I sprang up, Calypso at my side. She had gotten better with her magic over the months, and Sadie gave her some insight on how she did her Egyptian voodoo stuff. I was surprised that Sadie was on her feet so soon after getting hurt, but I guess Magnus' power of Frey thing really packs a punch. I vowed I would ring him up next time I'm on the verge of death. Which probably wouldn't be too far away.

We shared a look, and both ran off to where the sound was coming from. I stared up, squinting from the sun. The demigods were assembled in the valley of Camp Half-Blood, some looking as though they were just aroused from a nap. I noticed Carter (For some reason his clothes were still wet from earlier) stumble out of the Big House from afar, Will and Magnus trailing behind him, all three of their eyes widening when they saw what the commotion was.

A man stood next to Thalia's pine, casually leaning against it like some jock in a Disney Channel movie. I couldn't be totally sure, but I thought I saw his eyes glint red, just like how Nico's had looked a few short hours ago. He was dressed like a guy in a fraternity - khaki shorts, sandals, a polo, and sunglasses hanging off of his shirt.

He saw all of us gathered at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill and smiled.

"Greetings, friends! Sadie, Carter, Zia, Walt. Lovely to see you again!"

"FATHER!" Walt yelled. I was confused for a second, because I knew that he wasn't a demigod. Then I was like, Wait, why did Walt's dad show up to camp? Then I recalled our conversation about how he was simultaneously Anubis. I was straining to remember who the godly side of himself's father was even though I knew almost nothing about Egyptian mythology when Walt continued. "Leave while you still can."