Chapter 5: Carter's POV

"Last time, I was offered immortality, and Carter almost got burnt to a crisp," Percy said, grimacing at the memory of when we had to stand up against Setne, which came extremely close to not ending well. I winced, remembering those very burns that Percy was talking about. That had hurt. A lot.

"The better question is who is after us? Clearly some people are in cahoots and trying to hunt us down," I said.

"I honestly have no idea..." Annabeth trailed off, clearly thinking hard about the multitude of foes she had that would want to kill her and everyone else.

"I've got nothing," Percy said. "I have too many enemies to begin with. Now I might have another one? This is just fantastic."

I felt his pain. We (*cough* Sadie, and I just happened to be there. *cough*) had offended and angered our fair share of gods and monsters, and I was not happy that we were going to have yet another godly pain in the butt soon.

"Well," Sadie said. "If we don't have the faintest idea who's after us, then I suggest we don't worry about it too much, at least for now."

"But-" I tried to say, turning to her.

"No buts, brother dear. What's the point in stressing over this if there's no way we can find a solution right now? We need more information. Or at least, me and Carter do," She said, turning back to the phone. "I don't know about the three of you. But, for us, a vague attack by a random monster isn't much to go on."

"I think I might have a lead on whoever sent the draugr after Percy. I don't know for sure, though. I'll keep you guys updated," Annabeth's cousin said. What was his name again? Maggie?

"Thanks, Magnus," Annabeth said (Okay, but at least I was close. Sadie thought that his name was Mango). "I've got to agree with Sadie. Telekhines are pretty generic; anyone or anything could have sent one after you two. Still, I'll make sure to talk to Chiron. He should know more about whatever is going on than any of us."

I sighed. I hated to admit it, but Sadie was right. For once. We really didn't have enough information to figure anything out, but hopefully we would soon.

"Is that everything?" Percy asked.

"I think so, Seaweed Brain. But, if any one of us comes up with something, anything at all, we need to talk again. We won't be able to figure this out on our own," Annabeth replied.

Everyone said their goodbyes, and hung up one by one, until it was just me and Sadie alone in downtown Brooklyn. There weren't many people nearby. I'm assuming a glamour (or the Mist, as Percy and Annabeth call it) drove them away once the telekhines appeared. Me and Sadie had been walking back to Brooklyn House from some Pharaoh business, [No Sadie, I'm not going to stop gloating that I'm Pharaoh. Get used to it.] when this thing had just popped out of nowhere.

"Well, that was strange," Sadie said, starting to walk back in the direction of Brooklyn House. Luckily, we only had a little more ways to go.

I didn't say anything back. I was still a bit lost in thought from worrying over whatever was going on, and I wasn't in the mood to talk. Thankfully, Sadie got the memo, and let me brood and stress in silence. Sadie grabbed her earbuds from out of her pocket, connected them to her phone, and put them in, probably blasting music at full volume. I was still extremely concerned about this whole predicament. Something about it scared me even more than Setne, or maybe even Apophis. I felt as helpless as I did when that snake bit me, and poison was crippling me. Yet somehow, Sadie and all the others didn't seem worried at all, (except maybe Annabeth) which made me feel even more alone.

When I finally emerged from my deep thoughts, I realized that we had made it back. I looked up and stared at the huge mansion in front of us. We both approached the door, and Sadie muttered, "W'peh!", which is the Divine Word for open. Once it had opened, we entered the Great Room, and found quite a bit of chaos inside. I groaned, but Sadie grinned mischievously. She couldn't help but enjoy watching all of the students participate in this sort of controlled chaos.