𝟢𝟢𝟧, 𝗳𝖺𝗂𝗋

CHAPTER FIVE —— fair
" It's not fair. "

I found myself sleeping holding myself in Josh's brown flannel, but waking up as I heard the door creak open. When he came in he had a white beater and dress pants with his hair drenched to his face. He ignored my presence as he went over to his dresser and took a cloth to his head wiping it before putting the cloth back down with a groan. 

I turned my head keeping myself between the wall and wardrobe closing my eyes hoping he'd go back to whatever he was doing.

"Come 'er," he grumbled beckoning me. I lifted my head to see him sitting on the edge of his bed despite him just being near his dresser. I keep my head down between my legs praying for this to just be a long bad dream.

I could hear him click his tongue and get off the bed. "Get up," he said sounding as if he was directly beside my ear. I didn't want to be near him, he made me more sick than what his family does.

"Come on out the damn space. Just cus I can't reach you don't mean I can't get you," he threatened while tapping his finger on the wall beside us. I lifted my head squinting my swollen eyes to see the tall man looking down at me. His hair was sticking to his neck but still maintained all of its long curls, but his eyes told me he had gotten rid of everyone's body. That I was the only one left.

"Leave me alone," I whispered turning my head away from him, "I'd rather die right here then be near you." I could hear him huff before the sound of wood creaking happened to where he was sitting in front of me still taller than myself. I tensed as his hand caressed my jaw moving it side from side before stopping it so my face was facing him.

"Now Darlin'," he began in a sweet tone, "You ain't gonna face death any time soon, I'll make sure of it. Now come on out, I made you some shrimp and corn."

I frowned my lips before refuting, "You think because I'm black that's what I like?" His eyes looked down on me while his grip tightened on my jaw.

"Pretty I know it's your favorite. I went through your phone," he said slightly smiling, "I can't wait to see you in your purple lingerie."

My eyes widened while I shouted, "How do you know my password! Why were you in my private photos!" His hand lowered from my jaw to my neck before he yanked on it choking me and pulling me out.

"I know all about your private photos, Annapeal saw you put in your password. Now let's go."

"Who is Annapeal," I muttered and watched as he smiled, "Another murderer?"

"My little darling sister," he says and I frown, "You'll have a chance to meet her soon, but I oughta test you first."

"Test me for what? You already took all my friends and sister away from me!" 

"Not all of em, that boy's still alive," Dick says and I could tell he was talking about Josh. He was still alive, I still had hope.

"Don't get no ideas, I ain't telling you where he is and I ain't saying about him no more," Dick coldly stated, but I didn't care. In the inside I felt relief to know Josh was still alive, if he was still alive I had a chance, we had a chance.