25. Preliminary Round

Nari, Seiko, and I said goodbye to our fellow rookies and went to go camp out till the exam was over.

Three days passed and we went to the tower. We opened our scroll and out popped Kakashi Sensei. He congratulated us and took us to this arena thing.

All the squads had finally finished the second exam. We all stood in a bundle as the Hokage explained about having a preliminary round.

I didn't really pay attention because my curse mark was acting up. I looked to see Sasuke's curse mark was as well. I snuck over to him and put my hand on his curse mark. "Yours two?" He nodded and stared at mine.

It was just like his. Sakura glanced between us and started to put her hand up to quit the exams. Sasuke made her put it down, saying that we would be fine. I nodded. I hope we'll be fine.

They had this giant computer thing that would randomly select names of people and make you fight them. They put up the first names.

Kiamie Yorashiga vs. Seiko Tasume.

Great. Now that the second exam was over, we had went back to our original squads. Squad Skittles was over. I jumped down and walked to the arena.

"Don't hold back, because I'm not." She smirked. "Trust me, I won't." The proctor told us to begin and we jumped back, gaining some space between us. She pulled her kunai out and I activated Green Quake, this time on both hands.

We ran at each other and she threw kunai towards my feet, attempting to stab my feet. I saw an opening as she was pulling out more kunai and punched her with green quake in the side. She went flying to the other side of the arena, landing on her feet.

"That's gonna bruise." I quickly jumped in the air right as bombs went off from under the arena, causing the floor to come up and break off. Some of the debris went into the air, and I dodged them.

I landed on the rubble and smirked. She's going to have to try harder then that. I activated my kekkei genkai and ran at Seiko, the vines following behind me. I punched the floor with green quake, causing a massive earthquake.

Seiko jumped up avoiding the rubble that went flying through the air. As she was mid air I threw kunai at her. She dodged most of them, with one of two lodged in her back. I did a hand sign and mist came through the air.

"Blinding cover." I whispered. Now it was impossible for anyone to see me. I ran at Seiko with a kunai. Everyone heard the clash of metal as Seiko blocked it with two kunai.

She threw one of them in the air above the mist and punched me with her now free hand. I flew back and slammed against the wall. She caught her kunai and I stood up. Blood was coming from my mouth.

Seiko had popped my shoulder out of place. The fog lifted and I popped it back into place, causing it to make a loud pop. My hand flew to my shoulder as the mark began to act up. Not now.

I pushed the pain to the back of my head and in a flash I was gone. Seiko looked around frantically. I kicked her from behind and she went flying into the wall she had punched me into it.

"Are you done yet Seiko? I really don't want to hurt you." She stood up and wiped the blood from her face.

"Never!" She yelled as she ran at me with her katanas. I jumped up as she tried to slice my stomach. I felt my curse mark sting and I crouched onto my knees, grasping my neck where the mark was.

I can't fight like this. I raised my hand. "I quit." I muttered through gritted teeth. The match was called off, Seiko winning. I went back up to my teammates and sat down leaning onto the wall. "Kiamie, are you ok? You look a little pale." I didn't feel like me. Everything hurt. All I could taste was blood. My body was covered in wounds, which would turn to scars. I had lost so much blood in the past few days I'm surprised I'm not dead. Then I blacked out.