Saanvi was shouting at the one who was hitting me. I knew she hated her chachu to the core, but deep inside, she was also scared to face him. She was scared of getting hurt again, so the only way to make her fight with him was me.

I let her chachu hit me, to which she kept screaming. Alex came forward to help, saying, "King!" but I placed my hand, shaking my head. He stood back.

After a punch or two, I saw Saanvi kicking him from the back, to which he fell on the ground. I smirked, thinking, "That's my lioness." She kept kicking him, and I was satisfied.

The next words from her made me stand in shock, "I am the kindest person you will ever know until you mess with my husband, I will fucking show you why I got my husband's last name. Understand? Remember, I am not Saanvi Malhotra anymore. I am Saanvi Vihaan Singhania. You hurt him, and I will kill you."

The way she said her name with mine sounded so good. Like, yes, show them who you are, baby. Show the world that you belong to me. Show the world that you are not weak; you are my lioness.

She kept kicking him, so I picked her up, hugging her, saying, "Enough, baby. They will take care of the rest. Come on, let's get you home." I could sense that she tightened her hold on me, as if she was trying to gain strength from me.

Suddenly, she pushed me, making me fumble. I looked back to see that she got hit by the bullet. I looked at her chachu, who was holding the gun. I shouted to Alex, and immediately, he shot her chachu dead.

I rushed to her side, saying, "What the hell did you just do, Vie? Why the hell did you take the bullet?" I could see her eyes slowly closing as she managed to say, "Aan... I... am... f...i...n...e." That's all. She closed her eyes.

No, no, this should not be happening. I immediately lifted her up, taking her outside to see Rahul ready with a car, which he did not expect was me carrying Saanvi's body covered in blood.

He shouted, asking, "What the hell happened?" I said in a very loud, demanding voice, "To the hospital, now!" and that's all he needed before taking us to the hospital.

I tried waking her up, but no use. She didn't open her eyes. My heart was beating 1000 times faster than it used to. My entire body became cold, and I was not in a state to listen to anyone.

After we arrived at the hospital, they took Saanvi inside the ICU and closed the doors. I fell on the chair beside that, not knowing what to do. My entire world felt like collapsing. I heard Rahul shouting, but no, I couldn't hear anything.

Soon, everyone in the family came to the hospital. Everyone was asking me what happened, but I was not in a position to say anything. All I wanted was to see Saanvi again, to hold her again, and hide her from this cruel world.

Rishi and Anandh came kneeling in front of me. Rishi asked in a very low tone, "Is it Chachu?" I looked at him and gave him a slight nod. Anandh asked, "Then where is he, bhai?" Alex said from behind, "He is dead." They both hugged me tight, crying.

Vaish came, shouting at me, "Is this how you take care of my best friend?" I didn't have any answer for her because what she said was true.

At first, I hurt her by not trusting myself, telling myself that I killed her dad. Second, I couldn't protect her from anything even back then, and now as well. At the end, she got kidnapped, and she got shot.

Everything happened in front of my eyes. I swear I will never show her my face because I am unworthy of her love. But I wanted to see her safe, so I will wait until she wakes up and then I'll vanish.

Wait, I am missing something. Her dad? Oh my god, yeah, her dad? I shouted at Alex, "Did you catch that man?" He shook his head, hanging his head down.

Ah, shit. Maybe he could have known something because for the record, he is fucking died, and that too by my hands, yet he is alive. How come?

I told my family "Saanvi's father is alive." Everyone's eyes widened in shock.

Everyone asked in unison, "Isn't he dead?" I nodded, saying, "Only Saanvi can answer that question now." Everyone looked at the ICU theater, and the doctor came out.

I rushed to him, asking, "How is she, doc?" He said, "She is fine. Thank god because the bullet hit below her heart so that we could remove it easily." I sighed in relief, but the doctor continued, "But..."

Oh no, my face paled again. I asked, "But what?" He said, "But currently, she is in a coma. She isn't responding to any medicine, but she can hear what you all say. The only thing is that her body isn't cooperating with her brain."

I almost shouted, "Then what should we do? You're a doctor, right? Do something!" He shook his head, saying, "I cannot help you with this. I'm sorry. All you can do is keep talking to her and try to wake her up. There is also one thing you can all do now—pray. Pray to God to give her power and strength to wake up again." I fell back into the chair.

Everyone went inside to see her, but I didn't have the courage to go inside. I couldn't bear to see her lying on the hospital bed, especially in a coma. No, I couldn't do this.

For the first time in my life, I joined both my hands and prayed, "God, please, please let her live. Let her live for me. Please, I beg you." Rahul came and placed a hand on my shoulder.

That's when I finally let it out; I cried and cried, hugging him until all my tears were out. He said, "If anyone could wake her up from this, it is you, bhai." I shook my head, saying, "No, Rahul, I can't."

I heard another voice saying, "Yes, you can, and you should. It is your responsibility." I looked to see Vaish. She said, "Why the hell did you marry her if you couldn't take care of her?"

Rahul intervened, saying, "It's not the right time for this, Vaish." She raised her hand, saying, "I know, and I am not here for a fight." She turned to me saying "Vihaan, wake her up please. If anyone can do that it's you, she will only respond to you so please wake her." I nodded, passing her.

She kept her hand on my shoulder and said, "I am giving you one last chance, Vihaan. Take care of her or else I am taking her away from you." I gave her a weak smile and nodded. I told everyone to go back home; Rishi stayed with me.

Finally I gathered the courage and went in to see her.

------------------------------------------------------------

First of all sorry for the late updates... I am super guilty for that.. but as you all know my hand isn't recovered yet so I couldn't write... I will try my best to update soon again!!!

I am speechless after writing this! I really hope they will be together happily soon again!
How was your reaction? Let me know>