His frail, aged hand aggressively reached out to Tang Ning, forcefully pushing and shoving him. "Quickly throw him away!"

Tang Ning was pushed, almost dropping Ji Lianyan. He stumbled, avoiding Grandpa Ji, and pleaded, "He saved Ji Ke and Lin Yun. Ji Ke is your grandson!"

At the mention of Ji Ke, Grandpa Ji paused.

Seizing the opportunity, Tang Ning exerted all his strength to kick Lin Yun lying on the ground. His foot landed softly on Lin Yun's face, repeatedly trying to wake him up.

Lin Yun's face bore a few footprints, seemingly lost in a dream like Tang Ning was earlier. Despite being kicked several times, the corners of Lin Yun's lips curved up slightly.

Tang Ning almost cried at the sight of this.

Upon seeing Lin Yun's seemingly indifferent response, Tang Ning was on the verge of tears.

How could he forget!

Lin Yun was reliable; even a sow could climb a tree!

"It's over, all over," Grandpa Ji trembled. "He is extremely hypocritical, the best at deceiving people. He saved the second dog, and from now on, he will only demand more."

At this point, Grandpa Ji lowered his head despondently, appearing to age over a decade. After a long silence, he asked in a world-weary tone, "Where is the second dog?"

Tang Ning cautiously glanced at Grandpa Ji and said, "He's in Ji Lianyan's room."

"Take me there," Grandpa Ji sighed, seeming resigned.

What happened? Why did Grandpa Ji suddenly ask him to abandon Ji Lianyan?

Tang Ning's confusion was evident, but after Grandpa Ji lifted his head, he coldly said, "My grandson's life is in his hands. How could I dare to take his life?"

Though understanding Grandpa Ji's implication, he couldn't discern if Grandpa Ji still intended for him to leave Ji Lianyan. At this moment, Tang Ning realized he might have done both right and wrong.

"Can you help me carry him then?" Tang Ning nudged Lin Yun's face with his foot.

Grandpa Ji snorted, "Wait."

After saying this, the old man staggered out.

Watching Grandpa Ji's retreating figure, Tang Ning sadly noticed that he also seemed frail. After all, he was a person with one foot in the grave. Even if Grandpa Ji was willing to help, could the two of them really drag away these two lifeless burdens?

Just as Tang Ning felt hopeless, the sound of rolling wheels emerged.

Grandpa Ji was pushing a small cart, and with a gloomy expression, Lin Yun was propped up on the cart.

Upon seeing this, Tang Ning quickly placed Ji Lianyan on the cart as well. With Lin Yun as a cushion, Ji Lianyan should be able to lie comfortably.

Grandpa Ji clearly enjoyed seeing Ji Lianyan suffering. When Tang Ning placed Ji Lianyan on the cart, Grandpa Ji coldly snorted again.

Ignoring the disdain, Tang Ning and Grandpa Ji pushed the cart together through the pitch-black night. Tang Ning walked nervously, and Grandpa Ji's expression remained serious, constantly looking around as if alert to something in the shadows.

In the darkness, something on the ground emitted a dim light.

Tang Ning stopped, delighted, "Pearls!"

Those pearls he had scattered!

Tang Ning put down the cart, ready to pick up the pearls. He had barely taken a few steps when he heard Grandpa Ji's reprimand from behind, "Leave them!"