Severed Worries

Maybe bringing Nifty out for barhopping wasn't the best idea...but who were you to tell Charlie 'no" whenever she made that puppy face of hers? You should've just let Husk talk her out of it.

"Nif, you've gotta calm down a little. Someone else cleans the club once everyone's gone." You tried to console the hyperactive little pest-control as she twitched nervously in her seat. "It's not like it stays this dirty all the time."

You're pretty sure it did, but best not to send the maid into a hypochondriac-induced cleaning fit. After all, it took so long finding this bar after getting kicked out of the last one. Husk certainly wasn't happy with that. The tail slamming against the back of his bar stool said it all.

Nifty's eye narrowed into a slit as she stared down a bug skittering across the wood floor. She wanted nothing more than to launch out of her seat and show it just who-

Noticing her murderous, zoned-out glare you turned to Husk. He didn't even glance at you, the corners of his mouth pulled down into a sharp displeasure. Just a trashcan and green spray paint and he could've been mistaken for Oscar's taller, grumpier brother.
You gave him a nudge. He glared at you from the corner of his eye, wings twitching. Definitely grouchy.

"You know, I'm starting to see why you're always frowning. It just got stuck that way, huh?" A smirk spread across your face as his glare only deepened.

You could do this all night. Probably should too, but you wanted a good night out of the hotel tonight.

"You can't still be mad at Nifty for getting kicked out of the last bar." You mumbled, glancing back at said sinner. She kicked her feet slightly in on her stool, keeping herself distracted.

"You're right, I can't." He grumbled as he took a swig from the bottle of whiskey he had so graciously paid (snatched) from the bartender.

Oh, you guess he was finally ready to put this behind him and have a good night-

"So I'll just be mad at you."

Is he fucking serious? You could feel your eye twitch slightly. This motherfucker.

"Why are you mad at me?!" You quickly shot back at him. "Shouldn't I be mad at you since you're the one that suggested bar-hopping to begin with?"

That got his attention. After all, he had suggested it for your date night. Now you were insulting his choices?

He was quick to snark back, wings puffing in annoyance. "I wasn't the one who couldn't tell 'Little Bleeding Heart' a simple 'no'."

"You could've jumped in anytime, old man. This is just as much your fault as you believe it is mine." You pointed a finger in his face, eyes narrowed.

It was his turn to feel one of his eyes twitch. you smirked in a victorious manner. Oh how the turns table. if you had a camera, you would've snapped a picture right then and there. Take that, grouchy old fart.

Suddenly, his glance moved from you and instantly a smirk spread across his face.

"Well, then I would have had to keep an eye on Nif, wouldn't I?" He chuckles lowly and turns back to his bottle. Why did he look so high and mighty all of a sudden?

A look back towards Nifty gave you your answer. Well, a look at her now empty bar stool did. Panic shot through you.

"Son-of-a-" You started, shooting off your stool and looking around. Damnit, why'd she have to be so tiny. You tried to get a glance of any sort of bright pink or yellow in her hair. Nothing. Turning back to Husk, he already had the look of the cat who got the cream.