Chapter 55 - Fairytales

Start from the beginning

"K-Kurumi...?"

Yes, he knew this girl. Black silky hair that was now untied behind her back, bangs that covered her left golden eye that resembled a clock, and a crimson red eye that looked like a ruby.

"Huh? Where did..." Kurumi glanced around when she heard someone call out her voice.

"Here! Below!" Lucas shouted, and Kurumi looked down right beneath her foot. A small green frog, that spoke like a human.

"A frog...?" Kurumi crouched down, and stared at the frog that just called her in a weird, high-pitched human voice.

"Oh my, your skin looks dry. Better go into the water again." Kurumi gently grabbed Lucas with her hand, and slowly took a step to the lake that was infested with frog-eating bass.

"Noooo! Stop, Kurumi!!!??" Lucas shouted, and wiggled his arms and feet around.

"Huh? How do you know my name...?" Kurumi frowned and put on a dubious expression. Lucas' voice was different, more high-pitched than a robot. Naturally, Kurumi wouldn't be able to know.

"It's me!!! Kunshu Lucas!"

"L-Lucas-san...?" Kurumi stopped her feet the moment she heard that.

"Why.....are you a frog?"

"I wanna know that too, damn it! But please don't put me into the water, I'll get eaten by the bass!" Lucas cried.

Kurumi took a glance into the lake that was just a step away. There, just below the surface, a large bass was staring intensely at her and Lucas

Realizing this, Kurumi used her hand and splashed some water from the lake onto Lucas to keep him hydrated.

"Thanks, Kurumi. More importantly, where in the world are we? This doesn't seem like earth."

"Aah. It seems like this is a illusionary world filled with all kinds of fairytales."

"Fairytales...?"

"Yes. For example, why are you a frog? Why exactly are you in a lake under a linden tree? Doesn't it sound like the Frog Prince to you?" When Kurumi explained, Lucas was momentarily taken aback.

"Frog Prince? That old fairytale by the Brothers Grimm?"

"Precisely, a story where a prince was cursed into a frog, and helped a princess retrieve a golden ball she lost in a lake under a linden tree. Although, that one is only one of the many plots this fairytale has."

"Ah. I remember. So then...that must mean you are the spoiled princess?"

"...." Kurumi stared at Lucas with cold eyes, and Lucas felt her grip around his tiny body tighten ever so slightly.

"A-ah, sorry! Sorry! I-If that's true however, there must be a way to undo this curse so I can return to a human."

"Right. But...."

"But?"

"How are we supposed to do that?"

"...." Silence swallowed their throats. Only the waves of the water and the blowing wind could be heard at the moment.

"Aah. There's many ways of which the frog transforms back into a a human." Kurumi then broke the silence and continued.

"The most known way is of course the kiss, which turned the prince back into a human. The problem is that I'm a Spirit, and you seal me through a kiss."

"Oh...." Lucas lowered his gaze. After all, Kurumi didn't want to have her powers sealed just yet. Lucas didn't try to pry into Kurumi's matters, but it did help out a lot having a Spirit with her full power on his side.