Chapter 2

I went back home and fell asleep at once. The battle with The Entity had worn me out. At 10 pm, a knock on my door woke me up. I got up and without thinking twice, I opened the door and ended up receiving a slap. I was sulking after this humiliation, I went back to sleep when the aroma of flowers returned again. Resting on my elbow, I touched the mattress where the odor was at its strongest, but there was nobody. I lay down and immersed myself in this intoxicating smell which put me into a deep sleep.

When I woke up in the morning, I went jogging. On my return, I took a long shower and got dressed to go out. I went for a drive, stopping from time to time to bask in the beauty of the scenic landscape. There were sheep and cows grazing. I couldn't help myself, I wanted to pet them. I thought their skin was as soft as their meat in the mouth.

I came back home during dinner time. The Ugly Queen was already at the table, eating and making weird noises. Even if she didn't show me any sign of courtesy and continued ignoring me, I felt obliged to thank her for her hospitality. But before that, I needed to eat. I grabbed a chicken leg which was the only thing left on the food tray. It was scrumptious. I had a glass of wine. Excellent! One of the best wines I've ever had. It might have been a thousand years old—who knows.

I mustered some courage to say "Good evening." That is all I could get myself to say as my lips were having a hard time ungluing. I tried to open them with my finger, they opened, but each time I tried talking, they would stick again. This really angered me! I acted like a mere commoner and tapped hard on the table with my fist. I made the trays tremble. I regretted this gesture.

The Ugly Queen was sitting on the opposite side, but her eyes came out of their sockets and were only a few centimeters from my face. Fortunately, two hands covered my face just in time so that she couldn't see me. The smell of Jasmine went up my nostrils and took away my shivering. A few seconds later, the Ugly Queen's eyes returned back to their sockets. My face was liberated from The Entity's hands. I ran to my bedroom and listened to music to calm myself down. If the Ugly Queen continues to scare me like that every time we have dinner, my hair would turn gray, I thought.

At 10 pm, there was a knock on my door again. Of course, I didn't open it, who wants to get slapped in the middle of the night. Stubborn, 'she' stayed there until 10:15 pm, knocking on my door. I lost patience. I got up and opened the door. The slap pounded harder this time compared to usual. I went back to bed.

As soon as I closed my eyes, the smell of roses encircled me. A soft hand caressed my face, a lavender-scented breath tickled my lips. No doubt, this had to be a female entity. I thought that the lavender smell was the perfume of her breath; I associated her hair to the jasmine smell and the smell of roses to her body. She wanted to make me fall asleep, but I didn't want to, not anymore.

I picked up my guitar, which was right next to the table, and I sat on my bed. I was a good musician and an even better singer. I played and sang a song that I had written:

"Love me, love me, I am wonderful, my babe, Love me, love me, I am beautiful, my babe, Love me, love me, I am stunning, my babe, Love me, love me, I am rich, my babe,

Love me, love me and your life would be worth living, my babe."

When I finished, I heard applause. Incredible! After a few seconds, The Entity lay me down on the bed. I was taking in the fragrance of jasmine floating over my chest, it was as if her head was on my torso. Then she blew her lavender fragrance on my face, after which I fell asleep.

The next day in town, I met a boy called Justin. He was studying IT at the University of Kandybirgh. As his father was a renowned surgeon, I thought I could hang out with him. We met in a shop where they sold pure leather shoes. It seemed like a place where I could end up meeting someone else of my stature. Don't be shocked! I am not belittling poor people. It's just that I don't like them. They are always complaining about what they are lacking instead of appreciating what they have. I have never been friends with someone poor or anyone who was close to being called poor and I'm extremely happy about that! Believe me, there are people who are worse than me, so don't judge me, please!