Why Did It End Up This Way

Travis POV ~ Few Weeks Later~

It's now October. Hadley turned 12, and things changed but were only going up from there. I started working a side job and so did Taylor, just as normal people would. It's Halloween and we are taking a big risk for Hadley to go out. We have not let her out of our sight, I worked the nights and Taylor worked during the day. Hadley is only allowed in the backyard when security is there. I can tell Hadley has been pretty pissed about the whole arrangement. but anything to keep her safe.

"I'm off to work babe, I'll call you when I'm on my break," Taylor said hugging me and kissing me goodbye.

"Bye Hun, I love you," I said to her, and she turned around.

"Bye Hadley," Taylor said to her with her arms open waiting for her to give a hug.

"Bye Taylor," she said pissed off, and went back up to her room.

"Get her to cool it with the attitude, will ya please," Taylor asked.

"Hey, look I'll try but I can't promise you anything." I laugh and kiss her once more.

"Bye I'll see you later," I said once more as she left with the security guard.

"Hadley?" I said as she walked back downstairs and into the kitchen.

"What Travis?! WHAT!" She yelled.

"Hadley James! That's enough!" I said sternly.

"No THIS IS ENOUGH! I WISH WE STILL LIVED IN MISSOURI! I WISH MOM WAS ALIVE! I WISH TAYLOR NEVER FOSTERED ME AND I WISH WE NEVER MET!" She slammed the bowl down and ran up to her room again.

I chased after her and sat by her door listening to her cries.

"Hadley?" I sighed.

"No..." she said.

"Hadley, open the door, let's talk," I said and there was no sound and the door opened.

I walked in and sat down on her bed.

"I won't interrupt you, tell me all your feelings," I said.

"I hate that we're so undercover, I just want a normal life, I want you and Taylor to be married so we don't have to go through all of these things, I want to make choices that my family can't find me, ever. But my biggest feeling is that I miss Mom. I miss her singing me to sleep, I miss walking the beach with her, I miss her calling me when I'd spend weekends with you, I just feel so sheltered again. I don't mean to be mean to you guys, I just can't talk about it. because what if that guy comes back?" Hadley spewed out in tears. I hugged her and she just cried.

"Hadley, I know you miss your mom; I miss her too and I know she would be happy to know that Taylor is doing just as a good job being a mom. Taylor and I sadly are just reconnecting again were really not ready to be married, weve had so many fallouts in the past were fixing our mistakes. Were sorry that you have to be sheltered bunny, but actually your mom and I were thinking about taking you out for halloween tonight when your mom gets back from work," I said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really, Promise it will be safe," I said.

"Thank you Travis, I love you," She said.

"I love you too bunny," I said hugging her once more and leaving to go out the door.

"Hey Trav?" She asked.

"Yes bunny?" I asked.

"When's Taylor coming home?" She asked.

"She'll be home at five," I said and she nodded as I shut her door.

Taylor's POV

it was so different working a normal job and still being super famous. I've gotten used to people calling me Talia and variations of that.

"Hey Tals, you staying till 6 today?" My coworker Ryleigh asked.

I've gotten close to Ryleigh even though she's like 17, she's a super fan of me.

"No I gotta get out at a tad earlier, Isabella is going out for Halloween tonight, ugh that girl is such a hassle sometimes," I chuckled.

"She's still struggling?" Ryleigh asked.

"Yeah but my husband has been helping her out alot lately," I said.

"That's good, you guys are so young I give you credit," she laughs.

"Swanson, hop on a register," my boss says.

"I'll catch you later," Ryleigh says and we high five and I head to the front.

"Hi welcome to Abercrombie, did you find everything alright?" I said not looking up.

"Hmm I didn't know your name was Talia," the customer said.

"I'm so sorry what? Sabrina?!" I said looking up.

"Pshh don't say anything I'll tell you in a minute," I said and she nodded.

I pulled her aside to somewhere private.

"Taylor, what? Where have you been?" She asked.

"I had to go undercover again, someone's been following us. I've been work on the down low, we had to move and everything," I told her.

"Oh god, how's Hadley?" She asked.

"Moody, she's got an attitude with me since we moved last month," I said.

"The poor thing," Sabrina said.

"Swanson!" I heard someone call.

"And yes these are very much polyester, and the others are cotton," I said slightly louder.

"I'll catch you later, I'm on my 45 in 20 minutes, meet me at the food court," I said she nodded and I went back to work.

~20 minutes later ~

I walked to the food court and sat down with Sabrina.

"So Abercrombie? What brought you to this conclusion?" Sabrina asked.

"Wasn't my choice, and hey it's not bad, Travis is working at freaking Home Depot," I said.

"Shit y'all really went down, so Talia," Sabrina said.

"Yep, Talia Alexandra Swanson, 26 and married to Tanner Miller, with a 13 year old adopted child Isabella Jacquline Swanson," I said.

"Swanson, that name is so... different?" Sabrina giggled.

"Yep, that's the only thing I could think off," I laughed.

"Have you talked to your family?" Sabrina asked.

"I talked to my mom and Kylie, hell I'm using a burner flip phone," I laugh pulling out the bedazzled flip phone.

"ITS BEDAZZLED," Sabrina died laughing.

"Hey I had to make it fun somehow," I said.