The Date

Travis's POV

I was sitting on the bench in the park downtown. I then saw a beautiful blonde in the distance. I stand up with the roses behind my back. It was Taylor.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," she smiles and I give her the roses.

"So how am I gonna hide these?" She giggles.

"Tell them they're your moms from your dad?" I shrugged.

"Forget there's a thing called divorce?" She laughed.

"Right?" I laughed.

"I can have my mom grab them from the car, she loves flowers anyways, she'll say she bought them," Taylor said.

"I can't believe that you drove all the way out here just to take me on a date,"  she said.

"Well honestly since we broke up I've been living out in Caruthersville and drive back when we have practice, it's kinda unknown," I said.

"I'm familiar with it, decently close to Memphis, but still 2 1/2 hrs just for this?" Taylor said.

"Taylor you know if it weren't for work and stuff I would still be with you right?" I asked.

"And you still moved on?" She asked.

"Because I was trying to make a distraction from you, I never wanted to be with anyone else, I didn't want a random family, I didn't want to be engaged, I didn't want any of that, I wanted you," i explained as we continued to walk down the path.

Taylor's POV

We kept walking I can't believe he admitting to still loving me, anyways we arrived at the restaurant. He held the door like a leading man.

"After you dear," he says. And I walk in.

"Thank you," I said and we sat down. We both had our disguises on. 

"I gotta be back at 9, my daughter is gonna flip out if it's past that," I said.

"That's fine, So, how long have you had your daughter?" He asked.

"About a month now, she's extremely intelligent, she loves soccer and loves being in band!" I blabbed.

"Same with my girl, she loves the same thing, except she's definitely more a piano player," he said.

"And shes the same age as my Alyssa?" I asked.

"Yes, my Hannah's in 5th grade," he said.

"That's great! I love that for both of us," I said.

"Right?" He pondered as the food arrived.

•••

We ate and continued talking.

"So I was thinking, next week on Saturday, my daughter has a talent show, I was wondering if you'd like to come and watch?" Travis asked.

"Oh I'd love too but Alyssa has a talent show aswell, I'd definitely go if it wasn't Saturday, but any other day I can do," I said.

"How about Sunday?" I asked.

"Swap day, I give Hannah back," Travis said.

"Oh weird seems like weekdays only work for us huh?" I laugh.

"Got that right, I'll text you and we can find a day," Travis said.

I checked my phone, it was 8:30, I had to be home in 30.

"Taylor it's really not a problem if you want me to drive you home," Travis said.

"It's alright, Bryan's parked ways away," I said.

"Atleast let me walk you close," He pleaded.

"Fine," I laugh. He grabs my hand and we began walking.

•••

Travis's POV

I walked Taylor to the end of the street and I look at her. Deep into her eyes and I see the blue sparkling, I stopped and grabbed both her hand and pulled her in and kissed her. She didn't back away and she kissed me.

"I'll text you," she smiles letting go of my hand and she walked into the dark to the van.

Taylor's POV

I made it home safely and couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I missed him. I hate to admit it but I did.

I walked in the house and I put up my disguise and take off my shoes. I heard giggles.

"Nana!" I hear Hadley in the kitchen.

"Haddie?" I called.

"Taylor's home!" She told my mom running to the door and hugged me.

"See I told you I'd be home early," I said as we walked into the kitchen.

"Why you do dresses up for a meeting Tay?" Hadley asked.

"I always dress up for night meetings, day zoom meetings I just stay in my PJs," I lied.

"Oh so it must be a fancy meeting," she says. Oh never lose that innocents.

"I mean yes you could say that, it's with Tree and the big bosses." I told Hadley.

"Alright girls I'm going to be heading out, I'll see you on Saturday for little misses talent show," my mom said.

"Bye Nana!" Hadley said hugging her.

"Thank you Mom, I'll see you this weekend," I said.

"See you then Bye," my mom said leaving the house.

"Wanna sleep in my room tonight Hads?" I asked. She nodded. She's definitely been more warmed up with me which makes me so happy.

We walked in my room and she got under the blanket and I tucked her in.

"What's tomorrows plans?" I asked.

"Taylor... it's a professional development, there's no school or activities," she said.

"Oh good! I had no idea, they never send me anything, but alright we can have a day in tomorrow, PJs all day, and why don't we invite Nana?" I suggested.

"Yes please, oh Taylor?" She asked.

"What's up bean?" I asked.

"When will I meet your Dad and Brother?" She asked.

"Well that's on your terms, and I know your probably not ready," I said and she nodded and yawned.

"Good night Hadley James," I said and she curled up to me and later her head on my chest. I was in awe, I just love this girl so much.

>>>

Nothing much! Next update: 6.8k!