◇ J. FUTTURMAN ◇

"TIGER AND I WILL MINGLE among the people, y/n and wolf will handle the kronish balls" josh told the three of you. "anything for some time with wolf" you spoke, grinning to yourself. "mingle?" "yeah, just use what my mom taught you" josh told tiger as they walked off.

"we need disguises if we're heading back there" wolf pointed out. the two of you noticed two cooks walking down a dark hallway. "huh, that's convenient" you said as you both followed them. you swiftly knocked out one of them whilst wolf snapped the other's neck. "holy shit, that was so unnecessarily brutal!" you told wolf, to which he grinned proudly.

moments later, you both entered the kitchen. "what're you morons doing??" "we need five hundred kronish balls, stat!" you and wolf shouted at the workers, who were clearly confused. "those aren't even on the menu anymore" one said. you grabbed them by their collar and pulled them close. "did we ask what was on the menu?" you were met with silence as the workers began to move out of fear. you let go of their collar, filled with pride. "you sure you're not the savior?" wolf asked. you chuckled. "nah, i'm just way past my breaking point" you replied.

you and wolf continued to boss around the workers. "chop chop! we don't got all day people!" you both exclaimed as you walked around the kitchen. "stir that chocolate faster! make those balls rounder! make everything more kronish!" the kronish balls were now sitting on trays. "okay, let's serve them-" "actually, the chocolate has a five hour cooldown" a worker spoke. "dammit.." you mutter. meanwhile, wolf had a 'eureka' moment.

he brought down the freezer and pulled a few wires and such from it. using a hose from the inside, he blew cold air over the kronish balls, almost instantly cooling down the chocolate. "now that that's solved, let's get those balls rolling!" you said. the workers grabbed the trays and rushed out. "mission success" wolf said as he looked at you. you offered a high five, to which wolf simply shrugged and went for your fingers. you retracted your hand in fear.

"WHOAHWHOAWHOA, don't break my fingers, man! just do this" you said, grabbing his hand and pushing it against yours. wolf looked like he had just learned the meaning of life as he gave you a proper high five. "now, let's go catch up with the others" you suggested as the two of you left the kitchen.

◇◇◇

"josh? joshhhhhh!" you called out, groaning when he didn't show up. "dammit josh..can't go worrying me like this during a mission. josh, if you're not dead, say 'hey, i'm not dead!'" you said as you turned a corner. "FUTTURMA-" you stopped yourself as you looked at the scene in front of you.

josh and jeri were kissing. you could physically hear your heart shattering. then again, it wasn't like you were officially dating him anyways, it was a situationship type of deal, but that still should mean something! the two pulled away and noticed you. "y/n! it's not what it looks like!" josh exclaimed, panicked. "so you weren't sucking face with jeri?" you replied. "no! i mean- yes! i mean- i don't know anymore!" the male switched his focus between you and jeri multiple times while talking.

you took a deep breath to calm yourself. "it's fine, josh. i just thought that we had something, you know.." you told him, your voice breaking towards the end. you then left them to go find tiger and wolf. "you're dating y/n from accounting?" jeri asked josh as he thought about what just happened. "i fucked up, i just ripped their heart to shreds!" josh said to himself as he ran off.

it didn't take long for the kronish balls to take effect. people were throwing up and fainting, aside from the biotics. "y/n!" josh exclaimed as he pushed past the fainted bodies.

"it's fine, josh!" "no, it's not fine, i know i fucked up!" "seriously josh!" "it was a heat of the moment thing, it meant nothing!" " it's okay, josh, i understand!" "no you don't, y/n!" "she's much more attractive and successful than i am!" "that's nowhere near what i said!" the two of you spoke back and forth. josh eventually caught up to you, grabbing onto your hand. "y/n, i'm-!" he could see the tears in your eyes, and it made him feel way worse. "you don't need to be sorry, josh. if you like her, that's fine by me" you told me, a sad smile on your face.

josh pulled you out of the crowd to somewhere more private. "y/n, i assure you, i don't like jeri. it'll take way more than a kiss for my feelings for you to change" he said. you began to walk off. "we should focus on the mission-" "nono, we have to talk about this. when we're done talking, you can go on with life and hate me for all i care! just..hear me out, okay?" josh said. you sighed, deciding to stay and listen.

◇◇◇

"we have twenty-six minutes before head explosion!" wolf told everybody. "i honestly wish that josh was a biotic so his head would explode" you replied, glaring at josh. he sighed. "look, i get that you're pissed, but you can't just wish death on people!" "you aren't people, you're a cheating asshole!" "christ, you two fight like idiots" tiger interjected, making you roll your eyes.

you all arrived at josh's house and headed upstairs to tie up jeri. well, aside from wolf, who stayed downstairs to cook and such. josh set a timer on his phone. "wait, if her head's gonna explode.." he muttered to himself as he began to grab sheets and cover things up. "mind helping me, y/n?" "why not ask your new girlfriend?" "she is LITERALLY tied up, she couldn't help if she wanted to!" josh replied. "always with the excuses.." you muttered. "alright, i can't listen to this anymore. i'm going downstairs so i can regain an ounce of sanity" tiger said, standing from her seat and leaving the room.

"i would go downstairs too, but i am tied up" jeri spoke, to no reply. she sighed. "they're lying, ya know. the resistance is evil" she told the two of you. "that's just nonsense, jeri from the front desk. wolf and tiger are good people" you replied, crossing your arms. "that's because they made you believe that. they're the reason why everything went to shit. besides, don't you think that they're basically stealing your lives away from you for these missions?" jeri added.

"she does have a point" "of course she does! that's the most biased shit i've ever heard, josh" you said as you got up from your spot and left the room angrily. josh looked at jeri. "you know what..fuck those three. i want my normal life back, what do i have to do?" he asked, making jeri smile.

◇◇◇

you and tiger came back upstairs after about twenty minutes. you opened the door. "oh, thank goodness she's dead!" you exclaimed, walking over to josh and putting an arm around him. "oh- but you do have a load of blood on your face" you pointed out. "well no duh" josh said playfully, making you chuckle. this confused tiger for a moment. "i'm not even gonna ask what happened with you two. did you get the info?" she asked josh. "yep. nothing a bit of acting can't solve" he replied as you both fist bumped.

◇◇◇◇◇
didnt know how to end it, but its probably one of my better josh futturmans
im a little over halfway done with the first peeta x reader (im just starting the catching fire parts)