⊙ P. MELLARK ⊙

"LET'S WELCOME TO THE stage..the well-known prodigy, the hope of district 13. the cunning, the stunning: y/n l/n!" caesar exclaimed as you walked onto the stage. the crowd clapped and cheered. you took a seat, taking a deep breath. "it's great to see you, y/n" the host spoke, smiling. "uh, yeah, it's great to be here!" you replied as you smiled back. "by the way, i love your look!" "oh thank you!" "the white and gold on the suit really fit you. and the wings they added? really makes you look like an angel; as expected of the hope of your district!" caesar gushed, earning a nervous chuckle from you.

"so, we all saw you at the hunger games. it was unfortunate that your partner fell off the platform and burned to his death" he said. "well, i honestly feel like it was natural selection at work. if he couldn't even balance on a platform, then there was no way he would've survived the hunger games" you explained, earning a nod from the host. "another question, relating to katniss and peeta- you had originally planned to betray them. why didn't you go through with it?" caesar asked, making you tense up a bit.

"well uhm.." you muttered as you looked out to the crowd of people before turning to the side stage. haymitch motioned for you to say something, anything! you took a deep breath. "..they were kind to me. quite frankly, it would've been a dick move to betray them after they had agreed to ally with me so willingly. they knew who i was, they knew what i was capable of, yet still decided to do so" you spoke, a grin on your face. "besides, what kind of hope would i be if i did betray them? i have kids looking up to me, for pete's sake!" you added, making everybody laugh.

the interview continued as you kept answering questions that caesar asked. it eventually got to the topic you really didn't want to talk about. "last question for the night: what do you think of katniss and peeta's new-found love? you weren't with them long, but you still saw the signs, didn't you?" caesar asked.

you were quite speechless. it's been a week or so since the hunger games ended, and you've gotten to known both tributes in that time period. honestly, you weren't happy that peeta and katniss were together, especially knowing that katniss didn't mean her feelings. besides, you yourself had grown fond of the male..

"i'm..really glad that they found each other. they seem to really love each other, and i don't see them ending anytime soon. it's gonna suck being a third wheel, but love is love, and who am i to ignore their feelings for each other?" you spoke as the crowd erupted into cheers. "truly wonderful. you're a great friend to them, really" caesar said, putting a hand on your shoulder. you nodded as a forced smile was plastered onto your face. "let's give them another hand, folks!"

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

you took off the small golden diamonds that were placed under your eyes, wincing as the tweezers pinched your skin from time to time. "that was shit" you told haymitch, who sat in a chair nearby. "you did fine, y/n. though, i think this whole peeta thing almost made you fumble-" "i know!" you exclaimed as you set the tweezers down, taking a breath. "i know.." you repeated, looking down.

haymitch sighed. "i would say to shoot your shot, but..that would really mess up everything. it would definitely be more drama for sure" he explained. "yeah, i know..don't worry, i'll get over him.." you told him. "now, can you please leave? i need some time to calm down from the interview" you asked, earning a nod. "take care of yourself, okay?" "yeah, yeah.." and with that, haymitch left.

you took a seat by the window, sighing as you looked out. if you had killed katniss and peeta, where would you be now? that was simple; you would've not only been the only winner of the hunger games, but you also wouldn't have fallen for peeta. your mother would've been proud, and your district truly would've felt hope.

there was a knock on your door, making you quietly groan. "what?" you said, looking towards the door. it opened moments later to reveal peeta. "hey y/n. you holding up okay?" he spoke as he closed the door behind him and made his way to you. "uhm, yeah, i'm good. what about you, beast?" you teased, motioning to his suit. your annoyance seemed to completely disappear. peeta chuckled, sitting with you by the window.

"wait, why aren't you with katniss?" you asked. "she went to talk with haymitch, and i wanted to give them their privacy" peeta replied as he looked at you. he seemed to be inspecting you in a way. "the star-crossed lovers from district 12.." you quietly spoke, repeating caesar's words from katniss and peeta's interview. "i did find that a bit awkward to hear, considering that katniss and i aren't really in love" he explained as you tensed up.

peeta nodded. "i will admit, i did like her before and during the hunger games..but then we ran into you" he said, smiling sweetly. a red tint appeared on your face as you realized. "holy shit.." "why're you surprised? you're amazing!" he complimented, holding onto your hand. "i..i feel the same about you, peeta" you said as you smiled.

there were a few moments of silence before peeta leaned in and gave you a soft kiss. both of you turned red, embarrassed. "we should probably keep this just between us, huh? dont want to capitol thinking that you're having an affair" you spoke, earning a nod from peeta.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
i liked the part of catching fire where katniss said "its fire catching time" and spun around in a dress that (dont freak out) CAUGHT FIRE 😲
this feels so rushed, i dont like it too much..
final part in the peeta mellark thingy (time to do other ideas with peeta)