𝟐𝟎

Marseille

V E R O N I K A

V E R O N I K A

Nervousness. If there's one thing I hate more than my life presently, is that specific emotion which never fails to captivate me into utter paranoia. Overthinking, anxiousness are all lovers of nervousness and it eats me alive whenever needed, because right now it's exactly what's happening.

We've reached Marseille with everything in order, suits, weapons, armor, everything. War as we know, never solves everything. It will leave bloodshed, reckless decisions, timeless actions and a sloppy ending. War is not always the answer to every problem. Rather the use of intelligence and diligence. Something that I've seen in Mavin and Carlo.

"Veronika" Carlo gets me out of my head. "I said, ready to raid?". Through the ear piece, I hear Carlo communicating with the men as well as me, I view them on the wicked screen. Pressing the ear piece, I answer a yes. Mavin signals the men to surround the building from behind and attack on his command. I've been making sure of any surprise security buzzers that would lead our mission to be reaching its failing point before even initiated. So all the soldiers appear from the hiding behind the truck and they bow carefully till they reach their assigned points. Carlo and Mavin still wait for them to have reached and once they've given him a positive signal, they head towards the building. 

Let the games began.

"Has there been a fucking fire or is that just the smoke from cigars?" Mavin tries not to cough while telling me. It's evening and so Noel and his companions are, if I'm not wrong persuing their hobby by utilizing this free time in torturing innocent civilians. This information and analyzing of daily routine had been done long before when I figured out the way into the security cameras of the Ajeti house. "Smoke from cigars, those bastards are in the room to your left, look up though. All of them are blowing." I switch back camera of their surroundings and pass the info to Mavin.

It makes me sick knowing Ajeti's too occupied with torturing that innocent landlord for half a million dollars. No emotion of loss is displayed on his pathetic face what so ever.

My eyes fixed on the screen, burning holes as I squeeze my nerves and watch as Mavin and Carlo make their way around the house.