𝟏𝟗

M A V I N "Weird but fucking beautiful, flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful

M A V I N
"Weird but fucking beautiful, flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful. You wanting me tonight feels impossible."

..........................................................

I've been worried sick for the past three hours. I had carried Veronika in my arms from the car to the hospital wing in this house. She had been so drained off of energy that sleep wasn't enough to drift off to. She had fainted.

I'm sitting beside her on the bed, stroking her hair gently, feeling the strands as they escape the catch of my fingers with the help of their smooth glide. I lightly tuck them behind her ear so I can get a perfect view of her beautiful features. The slight tint of her lips, those curved lashes sticking to her skin, the unique dimple on her chin which I remember vividly till this date, she had mentioned while talking to her former friend that part of hers is inherited from her father. Those cute eyebrows furrowed and her pouted lips makes me want to capture her mouth with mine and shove my tongue right in until every part of her mouth knows that it belongs to mine. Fuck if I could just kiss her right now-

I lean in to place a soft kiss on her nose and join my forehead with hers and I close my eyes just feeling her breathe, releasing small sighs every second. I don't think I'm breathing, I've completely stopped. I don't care either, feeling and sensing her breathing is the only thing that keeps me alive. I suck in a sharp breath once my heart swells up at her body heat radiating to mine.

"I think I'm falling for you" I whisper very lowly, almost inaudible afraid she might hear it. I don't think I'm scared of falling for her, I'm scared once I have I will never let her go which she's probably planning to do. I care a lot for her and now I definitely know that this isn't just mere attraction. I always thought it was but I realized how terribly wrong I was about it, yes I want her but now it's a different kind of want. For the amount days I've stayed away from her, not a one second had gone by where I stoped worrying about her and her safety, not a second flew by where I didn't want her in my arms, so close to me. I've never felt this way and this is all overwhelming considering the timing and what's going on.

I'd want to explore this more but I know it's not that easy. She'll push me away if I talk to her about exploring what's between us, she's always been that way. Afraid of commitment isn't what kind of words I'd put this into. She's afraid of giving in, it's never been easy for her to give in. I've known all my life I've been with her. Yeah we fought like fucking animals but I know her background, her fears, likes and dislikes. Every guy she has ever dated hasn't lasted for more than three days and it wasn't because they broke up, it's because Veronika always made up an excuse to shove them away from her.

I have to play this out right, one wrong move and it's all over then and there. I just hope she listens to me.

I don't want to pull away from her but I get a grip on myself and with all the willpower I have left I dis attach myself from her, instantly missing her body heat and I get off from the bed careful, not to make too much noise. With one last glance at her sleeping state, I convince my self to walk my ass out that door.